• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Not getting correct total

My shopping cart is not giving the correct order total.

It adds up the sub-total fine, but the final total (which is just the sub-total and postage cost) is incorrect, and the difference between the real total and the total that the cart gives a number which is a multiple of 3.

Has anyone else had the same problem? or can someone direct me to the files which calculate the totals?

Hi mate,

I had a similar problem a few weeks back and nobody knew the answer. Finally figured it out. In your Admin - Shipping/Packaging section, check that "Package Tare Weight" and "Larger Packages - Percentage Increase" are set to zero.

Hope that sorts it.

Regards,

Brent.

Can you give us some specifics,

for example

The product's weight that you've entered.

The price of that product

The postage table values (paste the postage table)

The total it shows at checkout for this item

That hasn't fixed it for me.

But thanks for your help.

The specifics:

The price of product $19.99

The product has no weight.

Only flat rate postage available $5.00.

The total $30.99.

Do you have the url where I can create a test account to 'test'?

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

This is what showed up in test order no matter which one of the two payment mods I selected:

Sub-Total: $9.99

Flat Rate (Regular Post): $5.00

Total: $17.99

By my reckoning it should be $14.99, this needs closer inspection.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

The totals I got this morning were all OK. ...I guess you got it straightened out.

I did notice that the payment instruction section at the bottom of checkout_confirmation.php said

Send To:

Store Name

Address

Country

Phone

Just needs filling in ;) admin>modules>payment modules> check/money order

This is what showed up in test order no matter which one of the two payment mods I selected:

Sub-Total: $9.99

Flat Rate (Regular Post): $5.00

Total: $17.99

By my reckoning it should be $14.99, this needs closer inspection.

Archived