• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

deleting the left column lives an empty space

I deleted the left column.

Now all the page content looks like beeng aligned to the right and the left side is empty.

How do I move the content of the page to the place I wish?

I deleted all the content of the column_left.php, and add it to the column_right.php file.

What is the right way to delete it?

I deleted all the content of the column_left.php, and add it to the column_right.php file.

What is the right way to delete it?

column_left.php just has the content, it isn't where the space for the column is made. You need to remove the column from the files in your catalog directory.

~ line 51 of index.php:

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
</table></td>

All of this needs to be removed. You'll have to do it for all the files in the catalog directory.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

try doing it this way to save headaches later...

search for:

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"> 
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
</table></td>

and replace with

<!--	<td width="<?php //echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php //echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"> -->
<?php //require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!--</table></td>-->

if you code inside something like dreamweaver then or any program with a find function it should be able to do a replace all.

there should be 40 of these all up from memory. it will be safer to do this so you can undo things later if needs be :)

Archived