• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

1054 - Unknown column 'p.vendors_id' in 'where clause'

pastorjosh

I did not change anything to my site, but my site went from working fine last night to this morning my customers getting the following error:

What's In My Cart?

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_tax_class_id, v.vendors_id, v.vendors_name from products p, products_description pd, vendors v where p.products_id = '50' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and v.vendors_id = p.vendors_id and pd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

My site is hosted on godaddy.com and my site is http://www.joshsfrogs.com/catalog

That message indicates that the vendors_id field does not exist in the products table within your database.

Has you database recently been moved, restored, or modified in any way?

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_tax_class_id, v.vendors_id, v.vendors_name from products p, products_description pd, vendors v where p.products_id = '50' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and v.vendors_id = p.vendors_id and pd.language_id = '1'

Might be a MySQL 5 issue. What happens if that query is changed to (try it in phpMyAdmin):

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_tax_class_id, v.vendors_id, v.vendors_name from products p left join vendors v using(vendors_id), products_description pd where p.products_id = '50' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

Might be a MySQL 5 issue. What happens if that query is changed to (try it in phpMyAdmin):

It's not, as Jim said is simply the column that is missing from the products table.

No its not just this -- it must be a mySQL issue - i had this error:

-----

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select count(p.products_id) as total from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '15'

-----

This is on a fresh installation - not even a file altered - the products_id field is there - the SQL Statement is correct - it must be someting else!!!!! (BTW couldnt even finde the script that creates this query!!!)

This happens, if i klick on a subcategory of a parent category --

So it can be someting else than just a missing column.....

No its not just this -- it must be a mySQL issue - i had this error:

-----

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select count(p.products_id) as total from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '15'

-----

This is on a fresh installation - not even a file altered - the products_id field is there - the SQL Statement is correct - it must be someting else!!!!! (BTW couldnt even finde the script that creates this query!!!)

This happens, if i klick on a subcategory of a parent category --

So it can be someting else than just a missing column.....

what this has to do with the original question? Have you read it?

Archived