• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please help!! Links_Manager_for_OSC_v2.0

I have a problem after installation this contribution downloaded from ,I installed SEO urls V2.2,

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1256/category,all/search,link+exchange

but when I clike "link" at configuration. I only saw a warning as below:

1146 - Table 'shanghai_p_os1.links_status' doesn't exist

select links_status_id, links_status_name from links_status where language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

in addition, I can't open the page at "link" button. it shown

1146 - Table 'shanghai_p_os1.link_categories_description' doesn't exist

select link_categories_name from link_categories_description where link_categories_id = '0' and language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

I can't understand what it mean. and I don't know what happened it is. so Please help.

Edited by peterdeng

The errors are saying the tables don't exist in your database. You need to run the links_setup.php file from the contribution.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The errors are saying the tables don't exist in your database. You need to run the links_setup.php file from the contribution.

Jack

I did that, but it was still showed error, as below:

Warning: Unknown(/home/shanghai/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/links_setup.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(/home/shanghai/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/links_setup.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening '/home/shanghai/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/links_setup.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0

Then your database hasn't been loaded, thus the reason for the first problem. You need to ask your host why you cannot run the script. Looks like a setting on their part.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I have solved this problem. I didn't uploaded other "links_setup.php" to includes/languages/english/ directory. that is the reason why I failed to the previous installation. I installed it according to the "FILE ADDITIONS" list in "Read me". That's the very directions missed this "links_setup.php".

I think it is better if the author update the "read me" list to avoid this problem happen again

I agree. That was changed in a recent update and, in my opinion, should not have been done. It will be removed in the next version.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons