• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shopping Cart Query

Carlita

Can someone please advise me as this keeps happening

sometimes not every order but sometimes when I get and order and someone pay via paypal it doesn't show up in my order list.

for example ~ this morning someone bought an item and I recieved a payment notification telling me the item number and size was N/A so I know how much they spent but I don't know what they bought and when I go to admin ~ orders its not there.

anyone any ideas?

Many Thanks

Carla

Dear Carlita,

There is a contribution called unsoldcart...I don't know the contri number...

but I am sure you can find it by doing a search...This will show you customers that have an account and are signed in and have added product to their shopping cart...but not taken to completion...maybe

the orders are still in the cart and this would help you...

I hope this helps

dittone.com

Roman

Dear Carlita,

There is a contribution called unsoldcart...I don't know the contri number...

but I am sure you can find it by doing a search...This will show you customers that have an account and are signed in and have added product to their shopping cart...but not taken to completion...maybe

the orders are still in the cart and this would help you...

I hope this helps

dittone.com

Roman

Yeah thanks I'll have a look at that, but I just find it odd how sometimes paypal orders show up and sometimes they don't

Did you try to search for "+paypal +order"?

This question has been asked many times before, actually almost once a day.

It happens when the customer doesn't return to your shop after paying with paypal. You can solve this by installing the paypal IPN contribution.

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Feedback and suggestions on my shop welcome.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

i try using that contribution and did what it said...

but when i tried it to see if it works or not...i got this error at the checkout confirmation..

"1146 - Table 'phimstac_p_os2.holding_orders' doesn't exist"

Does anybody know what the problem is?

Thanks

Hey,

You know inside the install.txt and it says "Create the three holding tables in new_tables.sql".

Where exactly do you create the new_tables.sql? is there a specific folder you should put the new tables in?

This is the error I get when i go to checkout confirmation "1146 - Table 'phimstac_p_os1.holding_orders' doesn't exist

insert into holding_orders (customers_id, customers_name, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, date_purchased, orders_status, comments, currency, currency_value) "

Thanks

You have to add that by logging into your phpmyadmin, selecting the correct database from the drop down, then clicking on SQL on the top right. You can then copy and paste the query into the little box and click go. : )

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

You may also want to think about installing the paypal IPN contribution http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679

Also setting up autoreturn in your paypal account can sometimes help. Set the return address to http://urltoyourstore/checkout_process.php. I believe that is the correct page.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

if i install the paypal ipn contribution, will the orders of my customers be seen or stored in my osc account. because when my customers buy stuff, i cant see his/her order.

thanks

You may also want to think about installing the paypal IPN contribution http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679

Also setting up autoreturn in your paypal account can sometimes help. Set the return address to http://urltoyourstore/checkout_process.php. I believe that is the correct page.

if i install the paypal ipn contribution, will the orders of my customers be seen or stored in my osc account. because when my customers buy stuff, i cant see his/her order.

thanks

Well, that's one of the ideas behind this paypal IPN contribution. Basically when the customer is redirected to paypal, the order is stored in the orders tables. Once he pays, paypal contacts a special file in your store to verify the payment. Then the order status is updated to whatever status you define in the paypal IPN module.

But a word of caution: When the customer doesn't pay at paypal, his shopping cart is not emptied. At least not with my installation. So next time he loggs in, he can continue with the filled shopping cart, go to paypal again. Now a new order is stored but the previous, abandoned one is still there. Anyway you have to pay attention only to fulfill the orders where you got the payment verification back.

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Feedback and suggestions on my shop welcome.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

thanks a lot wendy james for the info on phpmyadmin...i dont know why they didn't say that when they did the documentation.

the other easy steps they show, but the most important one is missing.

Anyway, thanks a lot.

i take your advice abra

Archived