• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

corner gif removal

shayrgob

I've been literally searching for almost 30 mintues maybe 1 hour just to know how to remove the corner gif w/ the the guy and hte desk. How do I remove it? WHere is that picture located? I've looked in so many files and I can't find it anywhere? thanks

The .gif files are in most of the root-level (i.e. catalog directory if you installed in the default location) .php files. Search the PHP code for .gif and you'll find them. Also, if you're using Firefox, you can R-click >> View Image, and it'll show you just that one image. That makes for an easy way to get the name of the file without having to trudge through "view source".

-jared

If you mean the one on the startpage, that would be in /catalog/index.php.

Search in there for .gif (I think it was something like table_background_default.gif). It's near the top. Either replace it or comment it out.

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Feedback and suggestions on my shop welcome.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

The .gif files are in most of the root-level (i.e. catalog directory if you installed in the default location) .php files. Search the PHP code for .gif and you'll find them. Also, if you're using Firefox, you can R-click >> View Image, and it'll show you just that one image. That makes for an easy way to get the name of the file without having to trudge through "view source".

-jared

all the images are in the catalog/images/ folder. I usually just make the image I want to dissappear transparent with my favourite image editing application and then upload them over the file that was there.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

Look for this code in your root folder index page. Line no. approx between 290 and 295. before this you should see

something like this

{ // default page

?>

<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading"><?php include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'search2.php'); ?><hr width="615" size="1"color="#000066">

<?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?>

Using php comment tags '//' comment out the lines like so

<?php echo //HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php //echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?>

That should do the trick.

:thumbsup:

Look for this code in your root folder index page. Line no. approx between 290 and 295. before this you should see

something like this

{ // default page

?>

<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading"><?php include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'search2.php'); ?><hr width="615" size="1"color="#000066">

<?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?>

Using php comment tags '//' comment out the lines like so

<?php echo //HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php //echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?>

That should do the trick.

:thumbsup:

hmm, that gave me a parse erro. But thanks for the help anyway. I just replaced it w/ a clear image. Thanks guys. I love you all so very much.

• 2 weeks later...
hmm, that gave me a parse erro. But thanks for the help anyway. I just replaced it w/ a clear image. Thanks guys. I love you all so very much.

you could also just remove this from your index.php it also moves the table up,

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

Archived