• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installing 'Featured Product'

multikulti

I'm installing the contribution, featured_product, and I am at the last leg of this install:

"Step 11:

Now you need to create the database table that will be holding the featured products. You need to run the featured_products.sql file's contents in your favourite sql interface (like phpmyadmin) to your database ."

And I'm stumped. Can any of you guys help me in a step by step way through this procedure?

It will really make me feel good that I finally did this by myself :rolleyes:

Thanks

Ayo(multikulti)

PS. forgot earlier to enable email notification of replies

running the featured_products.sql file is done through phpmyadmin usually accessable though you web hosting conrol panel.

There is no need to upload this file.

Go to your hosting admin area.

Go to the area where databases are managed.

open the database you use for your store.

Somewhere there should be an option to run a sql command. Usually there is an option to browse for the file to open. all you need to do is select the featured_products.sql from it's location on your computer and the table will be created.

Hope I was clear enough.

BTW don't double post it is against the forum rules.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

Thank you ddp, your instruction is very clear, though I'm yet to follow it. I only double posted because I forgot to enable notification of reply, nonetheless, apologies.

Thank you ddp, your instruction is very clear, though I'm yet to follow it. I only double posted because I forgot to enable notification of reply, nonetheless, apologies.

No problem. For your info you can subscribe to a thread by going to the first post and select "track this topic" from the options tab. No need to make a second post.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

Archived