• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installing 'Featured Product'

multikulti

I'm installing the contribution, featured_product, and I am at the last leg of this install:

"Step 11:

Now you need to create the database table that will be holding the featured products. You need to run the featured_products.sql file's contents in your favourite sql interface (like phpmyadmin) to your database ."

And I'm stumped. Can any of you guys help me in a step by step way through this procedure?

It will really make me feel good that I finally did this by myself :rolleyes:

Thanks

Ayo(multikulti)

Be sure to back up your database first, just in case.

phpMyAdmin is usually available in your web hosting account control panel under the SQL or Database section. click on the SQL tab/button after launching phpMyAdmin, and paste the SQL instructions from the contribution.

-jared

I screwed up somewhat in my installation and I received the following warnings upon trying to access my admin:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/dsoldier/multi/admin/includes/filenames.php:65) in /usr/www/users/dsoldier/multi/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /usr/www/users/dsoldier/multi/admin/includes/filenames.php:65) in /usr/www/users/dsoldier/multi/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/dsoldier/multi/admin/includes/filenames.php:65) in /usr/www/users/dsoldier/multi/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 90

So if anybody can instantly figure out what I did wrong, while I continue to go over all my previous actions, I will greatly appreciate your info.

And Jared, I did back up my files and database. Thanks for the heads up

Ayo.

Jared,

Thanks again for the link to the 'Header' problem solution. I am still totally lost. So if you do find a more similar problem resolution link, I will greatly appreciate it. Right now I do think I may need to pay somebody to have a look.

Ayo

Archived