• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

htaccess

jetcomputers

I'm not too sure what you're asking here. Give an example of what you mean.

Have you run a search engine query, that'll give you thousands of pages with advice on what and how to do what you want.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I'm not too sure what you're asking here. Give an example of what you mean.

Have you run a search engine query, that'll give you thousands of pages with advice on what and how to do what you want.

Hi Chooch,

Ok no doubt confusion will result

There maybe an easier way but I have searched for hours without any real solution to my problem.

I sell files in both .pdf and .exe format, there are different files each day and they are also named each day differently.

The only solution I could think of is this.

1. They purchase files on a subscription basis which can be for 7 to 356 days. So I have the file attrib set to number of download days.

2. Because of the different type of files i have the download link in their account pointing to a downloads.html page that has 2 different buttons for the file types that are stored in the download/today folder.

The problem is the link to the page (which is in the download folder) works and is protected, but when they click on the link to open the downloads page dir they need to enter a htaccess username & password again to allow access to that folder. (Is it possible to make the htaccess file look up the username & password stored in the customer account database?) This is what i'm asking. As I need the whole procedure to be automatic I didn't want to have to then create a username & password in the cpanel directory protect.

Hope you get the gist of what i'm trying to achieve

Regards

Tony

Archived