• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Table Rate Text on Invoice

botz

Need some help again guys

I have changed the text on my table rate so as to give a short description of the kind of shipping service available and how long it will take.

I have changed the following for example:

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_WAY', 'Best Way');

to

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_WAY', 'Choose this option if you live within 50 km from a main centre');

Unfortuanately this is displayed on the invoice as well. The text is then too long on the invoice.

In stead of showing only "Table Rate" or "Shipping" fee on the invoice the whole bunch of text is displayed.

Is there anyone who can maybe assist me to display only the shipping method in stead of all the shipping Text?

Need some help again guys

I have changed the text on my table rate so as to give a short description of the kind of shipping service available and how long it will take.

I have changed the following for example:

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_WAY', 'Best Way');

to

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_WAY', 'Choose this option if you live within 50 km from a main centre');

Unfortuanately this is displayed on the invoice as well. The text is then too long on the invoice.

In stead of showing only "Table Rate" or "Shipping" fee on the invoice the whole bunch of text is displayed.

Is there anyone who can maybe assist me to display only the shipping method in stead of all the shipping Text?

Not sure. Have a play with the wording by making subtle changes to the defines eg

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_TEXT_TITLE', 'Table Rate');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_TEXT_DESCRIPTION', 'Table Rate 1');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_TEXT_WAY', 'Best Way 2');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_TEXT_WEIGHT', 'Weight');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_TABLE_TEXT_AMOUNT', 'Amount');

so that you can get what you want where you want it

Thanks for the reply Coopco.

I've decided to rather shorten the text on the shipping table module thus limiting information overflow on the invoice and during checkout.

I'll just add a link to the Information Box's "Shipping Info" in the checkout_shipping.php page and then explain to the customer the different shipping options.

Regards

Thanks for the reply Coopco.

I've decided to rather shorten the text on the shipping table module thus limiting information overflow on the invoice and during checkout.

I'll just add a link to the Information Box's "Shipping Info" in the checkout_shipping.php page and then explain to the customer the different shipping options.

Regards

You should do that anyway, even if it is just as a reminder to yourself.