• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Urgent Help Needed - Unwanted Link to an Adult Shop

owl17sb

Please can anyone offer me some urgent help. I have only done a very quick search on these forums but I need to solve this problem asap.

I have noticed that one of our catogories is linking another site - an Adult toys site. It looks like an OSC site but I don't know how it has happened.

Our site is here My Webpage and if you click on "Thank You" you get to another site. If you go to the "top" in their site you get our list of catorgories.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do or what I may have done for this to have happened.

Please.....

Thanks

:'( :blush:

You've got 'caching' turned on and when you're on a shared server this can happen.

Turn caching off. Admin>configuration>cache> FALSE

Please can anyone offer me some urgent help. I have only done a very quick search on these forums but I need to solve this problem asap.

I have noticed that one of our catogories is linking another site - an Adult toys site. It looks like an OSC site but I don't know how it has happened.

Our site is here My Webpage and if you click on "Thank You" you get to another site. If you go to the "top" in their site you get our list of catorgories.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do or what I may have done for this to have happened.

Please.....

Thanks

you will need the cross site scripting fix I beleive is what it is--your host is obviously hosting other osc sites and this will happen sometimes depending on hosts. Someone else may be able to guide you better--this has been asked about 1 million and one times so the answer is on the forums here somewhere--good luck!

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

Mark was faster---that may do it for you

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

:'( :blush:

You've got 'caching' turned on and when you're on a shared server this can happen.

Turn caching off. Admin>configuration>cache> FALSE

Thank you sooooooo much. Should I leave it set to False - what other implications does this have??? How would I know that I was on a shared server?

:o

Normal hosting accts are on shared servers. For big bucks you can get a dedicated one, but it's not really worth it unless you're wal mart or best buy or something. I don't really know much about the technical details.

There's a page cache contribution that I've heard about but haven't looked into. It works differently that the stock caching as far as I know. It's a speed optimization tool...but definitely leave that setting in admin to false. You'll be fine that way.

Thank you sooooooo much. Should I leave it set to False - what other implications does this have??? How would I know that I was on a shared server?

:o

Normal hosting accts are on shared servers. For big bucks you can get a dedicated one, but it's not really worth it unless you're wal mart or best buy or something. I don't really know much about the technical details.

There's a page cache contribution that I've heard about but haven't looked into. It works differently that the stock caching as far as I know. It's a speed optimization tool...but definitely leave that setting in admin to false. You'll be fine that way.

Thanks Mark

You have saved my blushes!!

We have removed the link to our site but how do I get them to remove the link their side. I have looked everywhere on their site!!!!!! - for technical reason - honest gov... but I can't find any sort of contact page. Is there anywhere/anyone I can go to to get our link removed from them????

I'm not sure, but I guess they have caching turned on too. I'm assuming the only solution is to bring it to their attention so they could turn it off.

Technical reasons, surrrrrrrrrre . Just Kidding. I know :D

Thanks Mark

You have saved my blushes!!

We have removed the link to our site but how do I get them to remove the link their side. I have looked everywhere on their site!!!!!! - for technical reason - honest gov... but I can't find any sort of contact page. Is there anywhere/anyone I can go to to get our link removed from them????

you will need the cross site scripting fix I beleive is what it is--your host is obviously hosting other osc sites and this will happen sometimes depending on hosts. Someone else may be able to guide you better--this has been asked about 1 million and one times so the answer is on the forums here somewhere--good luck!

Thanks Rabbit - I guess I just panicked as our address was given to family and friends yesterday and ..... oh I can't even think about it.

I have now set my page cache to False and will now search the contributions etc.

Thanks for such a rapid response.

:rolleyes:

Archived