• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Banner Manager error

multikulti

I'm still new to this and a little intimidated by the knowledge base expected of one in this forum. My Banner manager gives the following error after I did the post-installation permissions reconfigurations:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /usr/www/users/dsoldier/multi/admin/includes/graphs/banner_infobox.php on line 31

What exactly is a 'parse error' or a T_STRING and how can one find line 31?

I'm still new to this and a little intimidated by the knowledge base expected of one in this forum. My Banner manager gives the following error after I did the post-installation permissions reconfigurations:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /usr/www/users/dsoldier/multi/admin/includes/graphs/banner_infobox.php on line 31

What exactly is a 'parse error' or a T_STRING and how can one find line 31?

have you edited that file at all?

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

No, I never edited this file before. All I had done was change the permissions on admin/images/graphs to 777 and on catalog/images to 777. I could however have mistakenly gone to admin/includes/graphs directory, changed it's permission thereby screwing things up and not remembering what the correct permission was later on.

Otherwise it could be my original developer's error, maybe excluding some aposthropies (which I can not presently see) or leaving an unneccessary space between words e.g. the line:

$graph->SetPrice ModecalePosition(1);

assuming that is line 31

Let me know what you think. Also how important is this kind of error in the functioning of the site?

Thanks,

Multikulti

Archived