• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Which file I should modify to take out the top display of homepage?

after8hrs

The top display are as follows:

What's New Here?

Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?

This is a default setup of the osCommerce project, products shown are for demonstrational purposes, any products purchased will not be delivered nor will the customer be billed. Any information seen on these products is to be treated as fictional.

Error Messages

If there are any error or warning messages shown above, please correct them first before proceeding.

Error messages are displayed at the very top of the page with a complete background color.

Several checks are performed to ensure a healthy setup of your online store - these checks can be disabled by editing the appropriate parameters at the bottom of the includes/application_top.php file.

Editing Page Texts

The text shown here can be modified in the following file, on each language basis:

[path to catalog]/includes/languages/english/index.php

That file can be edited manually, or via the Administration Tool with the Languages->English->Define or Tools->File Manager modules.

The text is set in the following manner:

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'This is a default setup of the osCommerce project...');

The top display are as follows:

What's New Here?

Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?

This is a default setup of the osCommerce project, products shown are for demonstrational purposes, any products purchased will not be delivered nor will the customer be billed. Any information seen on these products is to be treated as fictional.

Error Messages

If there are any error or warning messages shown above, please correct them first before proceeding.

Error messages are displayed at the very top of the page with a complete background color.

Several checks are performed to ensure a healthy setup of your online store - these checks can be disabled by editing the appropriate parameters at the bottom of the includes/application_top.php file.

Editing Page Texts

The text shown here can be modified in the following file, on each language basis:

[path to catalog]/includes/languages/english/index.php

That file can be edited manually, or via the Administration Tool with the Languages->English->Define or Tools->File Manager modules.

The text is set in the following manner:

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'This is a default setup of the osCommerce project...');

You will find the code in this file

catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php

Remember to leave the two commers in just remove the text like this.

define('TEXT_MAIN', '');

if you remove the commers you will get a error code.

if you have other languages installed you will have to do this for each one.

You will find the code in this file

catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php

Remember to leave the two commers in just remove the text like this.

define('TEXT_MAIN', '');

if you remove the commers you will get a error code.

if you have other languages installed you will have to do this for each one.

Help help. I put my own text in between '' and that is fine and working - but I cannot find anyway to get rid of the "Welcome Guest Do you Want to log in . . ." section which appears after my store name and before the text I substituted. I can't find anywhere that it is printed to modify it. Can someone please tell me how to accomplish this? Thanks

Osmyrna

Archived