• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Configurin SMTP

JuanIgnacio

I know SMTP is an annoying question but I need so basic help...

where do I enter the SMTP server configurarion???

I've been reading the forum and it seem to me that osCommerce reads the mail configuration from the server, php.inin or whatever.

The thing is that i want the contact email to be info@domain but the emails go out from store@domain for a company structure reason and it's very important for me to achieve this.

I thought that this should be entered in configure.php in the admin folder but i can't find ane PHP or admin section to enter server address, user and password.

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks in advance

If you realise that it isn't for you then use the sendmail function instead, I found it much better and easier all round.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Archived