• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please help!

samdel17

Hi Guys!

Please help! Is it possible to change the "look and feel" of column_left.php and column_right depending on the category being selected? Say when a user clicks "Men", the look and feel of column_left.php and colum_right.php is dark but if "Women" is choses, look and feel should have a pinking colour. Sample is below:

Number One Fragrance

numberonefragrance.com/oscommerce/catalog/index.php?cPath=27

Please let me know how to do this. If you know of any downloadable contribution I could try, let me know.

Any help will be appreciated, my client will kill me as this is the only task left... :(

Sam

Hi Guys!

Please help! Is it possible to change the "look and feel" of column_left.php and column_right depending on the category being selected? Say when a user clicks "Men", the look and feel of column_left.php and colum_right.php is dark but if "Women" is choses, look and feel should have a pinking colour. Sample is below:

Number One Fragrance

numberonefragrance.com/oscommerce/catalog/index.php?cPath=27

Please let me know how to do this. If you know of any downloadable contribution I could try, let me know.

Any help will be appreciated, my client will kill me as this is the only task left... :(

Sam

well I think as long as you keep your structure (no subcats) the quickest solution would be to hardcode the stylesheet change. Right before the stylesheet is called in the files (all relevant files, you need to decide which files you want to have the change on) you make a check for the curent category. If the id is that of the women cat, use this stylesheet, if it's the man cat, use that stylesheet, if none of these, use the default stylesheet. Then you create 2 additional stylesheets in which the infoboxes get male or female colors.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

well I think as long as you keep your structure (no subcats) the quickest solution would be to hardcode the stylesheet change. Right before the stylesheet is called in the files (all relevant files, you need to decide which files you want to have the change on) you make a check for the curent category. If the id is that of the women cat, use this stylesheet, if it's the man cat, use that stylesheet, if none of these, use the default stylesheet. Then you create 2 additional stylesheets in which the infoboxes get male or female colors.

Hi Monika!

Thats very helpful. However, I have no idea where in index.php code to find that sql statement that would allow me to dictate what stylesheet to call. Any help will be appreciated. Anyway, Ill study and will let you know of my efforts. If im stuck please help!!*laughs*

Cheers!

Sam

Archived