• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I wanna change stock control method

Goowa

I want to change the OSC stock control method from the old one that have to wait until the customer checked out then the volume of the product will decrease, i want it to decrease just when the product is added to cart.

Thank you for any suggestion :P

I want to change the OSC stock control method from the old one that have to wait until the customer checked out then the volume of the product will decrease, i want it to decrease just when the product is added to cart.

Thank you for any suggestion :P

that will be quite a task ... as the update function uses the same add_cart function. have you considered this carefully? What will happen if the product never gets checked out (bailed cart, item deleted from cart)? In any case, this is custom coding with no contrib or fast solution available to cover all IFs.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

If you ever did manage to get it working the downside is if you have only 1 item of a particular design left and it is added to the cart and the customer continues shopping around, a second customer comes along and can't add that item to the cart as it your last one and leaves your site. The original customer then leaves your site without purchasing - not very effective unfortunately, but if you still want to do it and do get it working please post here and let us know how you did it.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

May i can use Cookies method?. For restock products in 24 hours or time setting if user don't checkout.

I would not use cookies ... you could fill a help table though with the blocked products and then run a cron job every 24h to check if those items have been checked out to clean up. In this case though, you need a new concept for the carts of logged in members (those carts don't normally expire). Andlike I said a thorough concept for the updating of products quantity.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived