• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

customers name in subject line

garlicbred

Im preparing a quote for an oscommerce installation. My customer want lots of bells & whistles. Specifically he wants more advanced emailing capabilities than is standard in oscommerce.

Its it possible to insert dynamic info - eg a users first name - in the subject line (or body) of an email?

Any suggestions about where to start. Any contributions? I couldnt find any, but its like looking for a needle in haystack.

What about some kind of integration with an existing mail software such as php list? I recall seeing some work on this, but Im not sure its very successful yet.

Id be surprised if im the first to ask. I cant believe how bad the search function is on this forum ... :-[

Hi Anthony,

phpList is a contribution to use for newsletters.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri.../search,phplist

I'm surprised though about your name question ... obviously all customer emails have the name in the body already so you should be able to steal the code and just add to the subject, right? Use the sprintf function like in all other example files - like create account. Customizing emails is really easy to I'm sure you can add all those bells and whistles for emails and make your customer happy :-).

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived