• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping table rate issue

kiwidesign

Hi all,

I cannot seem to get my table rate functioning with decimals. Is this a known issue?

e.g. shipping is done by weight up to 0.002 is $5.00

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can get it to accept the decimal weights?

Cheers

Kiwidesign

I think it can handle decimals in the weights, but the stock table set up can't handle the dollar signs (I don't think so anyway)

If you have the dollar signs in there, try getting rid of them. If it still doesn't work paste your table here so we can get a better look.

One other thought, if the .002 is kg, it might be easier to use grams instead. Just an idea.

Hi all,

I cannot seem to get my table rate functioning with decimals. Is this a known issue?

e.g. shipping is done by weight up to 0.002 is $5.00

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can get it to accept the decimal weights?

Cheers

Kiwidesign

I think it can handle decimals in the weights, but the stock table set up can't handle the dollar signs (I don't think so anyway)

If you have the dollar signs in there, try getting rid of them. If it still doesn't work paste your table here so we can get a better look.

One other thought, if the .002 is kg, it might be easier to use grams instead. Just an idea.

Here is my table

0.002:5.34,0.04:7.11,0.08:14.22,0.12:28.45,0.16:28.45,0.2:35.56

As far as the form goes, it looks fine.

You may be right about the decimals.

I noticed, though...that you have .002 for the first weight and .04 for the next one. Did you mean .02 for the first one?

I just wonder if it can handle 2 decimal places but not 3 (like your first entry).

If that doesn't work, I guess you'll have to switch to some bigger units...which is easy w/ osc since the unit isn't defined anywhere. Your shipping could be per ton or cc or lb or cup...

Here is my table

0.002:5.34,0.04:7.11,0.08:14.22,0.12:28.45,0.16:28.45,0.2:35.56

As far as the form goes, it looks fine.

You may be right about the decimals.

I noticed, though...that you have .002 for the first weight and .04 for the next one. Did you mean .02 for the first one?

I just wonder if it can handle 2 decimal places but not 3 (like your first entry).

If that doesn't work, I guess you'll have to switch to some bigger units...which is easy w/ osc since the unit isn't defined anywhere. Your shipping could be per ton or cc or lb or cup...

Hi, Yeah I think for now I will have to assume it is a decimal place issue. I tried making the first entry 0.2 instead but it didn't work - all i get is Table Rate $0.00

Thanks for the assistance.

i'm having kind of the opposite problem

my shipping table is

0.15:1.00,0.45:2.00,0.7:3.00,0.9:4.00,1.25:5.00,1.5:6.00,1.75:7.00,25:8.00,1000:

but it always shows ?8.00 as the shipping cost.

sussed it.

my package tare weight was set to 3 - meaning the minimum package weight is 3Kg - which is in the ?8.00 Bracket - i can now get the correct shippiong rate for my packages.

Glad you figured out your problem. Sadley I havn't had so much luck.

It turns out the weights are in cubic meters which is why they are 0.0 something.

Does anyone have any clue as to how I could get the shipping to work - or if theres a module out there that deals with decimals like this.

Cheers

Kiwidesign

I was finally able to get your table to work.

The problem (for me) was that I was testing it with the stock default products, which have weight units much much bigger than your table allows for. If you go OVER the weights on your table, but still UNDER your "max package weight", it will charge you zero.

For example a dvd's weight in the default osc shop is "7"

Your table doesn't allow for such a big number. I changed the dvd weight to .02 and it charged me 7.11 shipping. That follows your table correctly, as each weight unit means UP to that weight but not over. So .02 would fall in the .04 rate you have (7.11).

Also make sure your max package weight is set to a number that fits in with these units (default is 50 so I would guess that's way too big).

Hope it makes sense.

Glad you figured out your problem. Sadley I havn't had so much luck.

It turns out the weights are in cubic meters which is why they are 0.0 something.

Does anyone have any clue as to how I could get the shipping to work - or if theres a module out there that deals with decimals like this.

Cheers

Kiwidesign

I was finally able to get your table to work.

The problem (for me) was that I was testing it with the stock default products, which have weight units much much bigger than your table allows for. If you go OVER the weights on your table, but still UNDER your "max package weight", it will charge you zero.

I have a product whose weight is 0.16 which should mean charge is 28.45 - it is coming up as 0.00

I have changed the max weight to 0.3 also.

Are there any other settings that I might have wrong?

Thanks for your assistance.

Sorry if I missed this, but have you checked the 'tare weight'. It's added to each order. Default amount is "3". It's in admin>configuration>shipping and packaging. You can set it to zero if you want.

I have a product whose weight is 0.16 which should mean charge is 28.45 - it is coming up as 0.00

I have changed the max weight to 0.3 also.

Are there any other settings that I might have wrong?

Thanks for your assistance.

Sorry if I missed this, but have you checked the 'tare weight'. It's added to each order. Default amount is "3". It's in admin>configuration>shipping and packaging. You can set it to zero if you want.

Yup I think that was it.

Awesome, thankyou so much for your help.

Regards,

Kiwidesign

Archived