• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Removing buy It Now Button

Hi Guys, I have installed the following hack to remove the buy\add it now button if quantity is 0 or less.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...,BUYADD+BUTTONS

How ever after logging into the store if I click on the New Products Link everything is listed as

Product Not Available

This is for ALL products and not just the ones that are out of stock :(

I have narrowed the code fault down to the following area in catalog\products_new.php section.

<((>--FIND--<))>

echo '<p><a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART) . '</a></p>';

<((>--REPLACE WITH--<))>

if ( $product_info['products_quantity'] > 0 ) {
 echo '<p><a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART) . '</a></p>';
} else { 
}

If I leave the above code alone instead of changing it then everything becomes available to buy including out of stock products :(

I dont have the sppc installed nor did I plan on installing unless I really need to in order to get this to work properly.

Does anybody have an idea as to what I need to change to make it work properly?

Regards

Shaun

I also notied whilst installin te above hack the following

catalog/index.php :

<((>--Find--<))>

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {
  switch ($column_list[$i]) {
	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
	  $select_column_list .= 'p.products_model, ';
	  break;
	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
	  $select_column_list .= 'pd.products_name, ';
	  break;
	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
	  $select_column_list .= 'm.manufacturers_name, ';
	  break;
	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
	  $select_column_list .= 'p.products_quantity, ';
	  break;
	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
	  $select_column_list .= 'p.products_image, ';
	  break;
	case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
	  $select_column_list .= 'p.products_weight, ';
	  break;
  }
}

I couldnt find the above in that file, I assume this is because I dont have the sppc installed.

Also I dont have the following file;

catalog/includes/modules/product_listing_col.php

Again I assumed this is because I dont have the sppc installed.

That contribution will be a headache for you if you don't have the other ones installed too.

But I wouldn't go to all of that trouble just to hide the buy now button w/0 stock. There's got to be an easier way.

The code you pasted below looks like it would belong in product_listing.php, not products new. To hide the 'buy now' or 'cart' button (w/zero stock) on the products_new.php page, try this (backup first!!!!!)

find

$products_new_array = array();

$products_new_query_raw = "select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, m.manufacturers_name from " .

and add p.products_quantity to it, like this

$products_new_query_raw = "select p.products_id, p.products_quantity, pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, m.manufacturers_name from " .

Then around line 90 find

<td align="right" valign="middle" class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $products_new['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART) . '</a>'; ?></td>

and change it to

<td align="right" valign="middle" class="main"><?php if($products_new['products_quantity'] > 0){echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $products_new['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART) . '</a>';
		}else{
		}?></td>

That would hide the buy now/cart button on products_new.php if stock is 0.

To answer your other question, the code in your second post is from a modified (column display) version of product_listing.php.

Hi Guys, I have installed the following hack to remove the buy\add it now button if quantity is 0 or less.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...,BUYADD+BUTTONS

How ever after logging into the store if I click on the New Products Link everything is listed as

Product Not Available

This is for ALL products and not just the ones that are out of stock :(

I have narrowed the code fault down to the following area in catalog\products_new.php section.

<((>--FIND--<))>

<((>--REPLACE WITH--<))>

if ( $product_info['products_quantity'] > 0 ) {
} else { 
}

If I leave the above code alone instead of changing it then everything becomes available to buy including out of stock products :(

I dont have the sppc installed nor did I plan on installing unless I really need to in order to get this to work properly.

Does anybody have an idea as to what I need to change to make it work properly?

Regards

Shaun

Edited by choosealogin

Choosealogin,

first let me say thanks for taking the time to try and help. However what you have suggested hasnt worked :(

If from the main page (once logged in) Next to the welcom message at the top there is a link to see what new products are available to buy. when I click this link it takes me to the new products page.

All my latest products are listed. For most which are out of stock it shows on the right hand side that the product is unavailable, This is correct, However for products that are in stock it shows these as also being unavailable. How ever if I click on them to got to the product its possible to buy.

I could remove the text saying the product is unavailable thus forcing customers to actually view the product before being able to add it to their cart.

Edited by Get-Wireless 2

Hmmm :(

I was able to get that working on my end...at least on that new products page (where it takes you after 'welcome back, so and so'...)

It's a stock test shop, no other changes, though...so there must be more to it. :huh:

I'll leave it this way for a bit, if you check back --- link

I changed the end bit, so it wouldn't be blank...just 'not available'

Choosealogin,

first let me say thanks for taking the time to try and help. However what you have suggested hasnt worked :(

If from the main page (once logged in) Next to the welcom message at the top there is a link to see what new products are available to buy. when I click this link it takes me to the new products page.

All my latest products are listed. For most which are out of stock it shows on the right hand side that the product is unavailable, This is correct, However for products that are in stock it shows these as also being unavailable. How ever if I click on them to got to the product its possible to buy.

I could remove the text saying the product is unavailable thus forcing customers to actually view the product before being able to add it to their cart.

Thanks again choosealogin.

All my products were showin as unavailable even the ones that were in stock.

I have changed the txt to read Please click item for more information until this can be resolved.

Here is a link to my stores Products_new page

Most of the products are out of stock at the moment, However the sims on page 2 and 3 are certainly in stock.

Appologies in advanced for the long code below but I am including ALL of the code from my products_new.php file incase there is something I have done wrong. There maybe a few other tweaks in there as I have added a few hacks to my store

<?php
/*
 $Id: products_new.php,v 1.27 2003/06/09 22:35:33 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW);

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW));
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></title>
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">
 <tr>
<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
</table></td>
<!-- body_text //-->
<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
	  <tr>
		<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
		<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_products_new.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>
<?php

$products_new_query_raw = "select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, m.manufacturers_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on (p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id), " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by p.products_date_added DESC, pd.products_name";
 $products_new_split = new splitPageResults($products_new_query_raw, MAX_DISPLAY_PRODUCTS_NEW);

if (($products_new_split->number_of_rows > 0) && ((PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '1') || (PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '3'))) {
?>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
	  <tr>
		<td class="smallText"><?php echo $products_new_split->display_count(TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS_NEW); ?></td>
		<td align="right" class="smallText"><?php echo TEXT_RESULT_PAGE . ' ' . $products_new_split->display_links(MAX_DISPLAY_PAGE_LINKS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('page', 'info', 'x', 'y'))); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
  </tr>
<?php
 }
?>
  <tr>
<?php
 if ($products_new_split->number_of_rows > 0) {
$products_new_query = tep_db_query($products_new_split->sql_query);
while ($products_new = tep_db_fetch_array($products_new_query)) {
  if ($new_price = tep_get_products_special_price($products_new['products_id'])) {
	$products_price = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($products_new['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($products_new['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($products_new['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';
  } else {
	$products_price = $currencies->display_price($products_new['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($products_new['products_tax_class_id']));
  }
?>
	  <tr>
		<td width="<?php echo SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH + 10; ?>" valign="top" class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products_new['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products_new['products_image'], $products_new['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a>'; ?></td>
		<td valign="top" class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products_new['products_id']) . '"><b><u>' . $products_new['products_name'] . '</u></b></a><br>' . TEXT_DATE_ADDED . ' ' . tep_date_long($products_new['products_date_added']) . '<br>' . TEXT_MANUFACTURER . ' ' . $products_new['manufacturers_name'] . '<br><br>' . TEXT_PRICE . ' ' . $products_price; ?></td>
		<?php if ($products_new[$x]['products_quantity'] > 0 ) { ?>
	<td align="right" valign="middle" class="main"><?php if($products_new['products_quantity'] > 0){echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $products_new['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART) . '</a>';
		}else{
		}?></td>
	<?php } else { ?>
		<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo NON_ONLINE_ITEM; ?></td>
	<?php } ?>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td colsp?an="3"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
	  </tr>
<?php
}
 } else {
?>
	  <tr>
		<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_NO_NEW_PRODUCTS; ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
	  </tr>
<?php
 }
?>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
<?php
 if (($products_new_split->number_of_rows > 0) && ((PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '2') || (PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '3'))) {
?>
  <tr>
	  <tr>
		<td class="smallText"><?php echo $products_new_split->display_count(TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS_NEW); ?></td>
		<td align="right" class="smallText"><?php echo TEXT_RESULT_PAGE . ' ' . $products_new_split->display_links(MAX_DISPLAY_PAGE_LINKS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('page', 'info', 'x', 'y'))); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
<?php
 }
?>
</table></td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
</table></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

You had 2 ifs and 2 elses and a couple extra td tags... Keep a copy for now and change this:

<?php if ($products_new[$x]['products_quantity'] > 0 ) { ?>
	<td  align="right" valign="middle" class="main"><?php  if($products_new['products_quantity'] > 0){echo '<a href="' .  tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW,  tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) .  'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $products_new['products_id']) .  '">' . tep_image_button('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART)  . '</a>';
		}else{
		}?></td>
	<?php } else { ?>
		<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo NON_ONLINE_ITEM; ?></td>
	<?php } ?>

To this:

}else{
echo NON_ONLINE_ITEM;} ?></td>

I put it in my file and it's working, just showing NON_ONLINE_ITEM because I didn't define that on my end.

The other differences in the file were insignificant but it did help to see the whole thing :)

Let me know how that goes.

Once again let me say thanks choosealogin.

This time it seems we have success.

Again thank you very much.

Great community here :D

Next question regarding this contrib.

Is it possible so that the text that says the product is unavailble can be made into an email link and when the customers email client opens it has that particular product as the subject.

IE what I am after is change the text to read something like,

'Sorry, Currently out of stock,

Please click here to recieve an

when back in stock'

Probably need to shorten that wording a bit!

Or maybe even they click the link and it just sends me a message\email, (Obviously they would need to register for this one to work) and they get a popup or something saying a message has been sent.

Just a rough idea I have in my head at the moment, Wish I had the skills to write the code for such things :(

As far as your first idea goes, see if this is what you had in mind: link

Your NON_ONLINE_ITEM text would appear there as the e-mail link

I don't really have the skills, I'm just lucky so far :blush:

See what you think of that so far.

Next question regarding this contrib.

Is it possible so that the text that says the product is unavailble can be made into an email link and when the customers email client opens it has that particular product as the subject.

IE what I am after is change the text to read something like,

'Sorry, Currently out of stock,

Please click here to recieve an

when back in stock'

Probably need to shorten that wording a bit!

Or maybe even they click the link and it just sends me a message\email, (Obviously they would need to register for this one to work) and they get a popup or something saying a message has been sent.

Just a rough idea I have in my head at the moment, Wish I had the skills to write the code for such things :(

:'( Sorry, I forgot to include the code

}else{
echo '<a href="mailto:'. STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS .'?subject='. $products_new['products_name'] .'">' . NON_ONLINE_ITEM . '</a>';} ?></td>

Appolgoies for taking so long to get back on this, I managed to fudge it similar to how your link works.

What I would also like to be able ot do with this contrib is to when looking at a product that is out of stock insetad of the buy\add to cart buton being removed is it possible to replace this with another button that opens email, similar to what you have on that link.

Regards

Shaun

Yes, I think I understand. You just want a different button for out of stock items (that would open the customer's e-mail program).

In the example below I used the "continue" button, but you can make a new button to match your others, with the relevant text on it ('email us', or whatever you choose). If you're using the stock osc buttons, you can find a button template in the "extras" folder of the download package. It's in extras/button_template/button_template.psd. Then you can make a new button in photoshop, dreamweaver, or anything else that will allow you to edit a psd file.

But here is the code,

}else{
echo '<a href="mailto:'. STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS .'?subject='. $products_new['products_name'] .'">' . tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>';} ?></td>

Put your new button in catalog/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/your_button.gif

Then put a language define for the hover text in catalog/includes/languages/english.php, example:

define('IMAGE_BUTTON_EMAIL_US', 'Email us for more info');

So the code with 'email us' as an example would be

}else{
echo '<a href="mailto:'. STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS .'?subject='. $products_new['products_name'] .'">' . tep_image_button('button_email_us.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_EMAIL_US) . '</a>';} ?></td>

then name your new button email_us.gif...or whatever you choose. :)

Appolgoies for taking so long to get back on this, I managed to fudge it similar to how your link works.

What I would also like to be able ot do with this contrib is to when looking at a product that is out of stock insetad of the buy\add to cart buton being removed is it possible to replace this with another button that opens email, similar to what you have on that link.

Regards

Shaun

Edited by choosealogin

• 4 months later...

Hi, all

In catalog/includes/modules/product_listing_col.php

I am supposed to do this:

<((>--Find--<))>

$buy_now_button_array[] = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action','sort')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing[$x]['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW, 'style="padding-top: 5px;"') . '</a>?';

<((>--Replace with--<))>

//start no button if quantity 0

if ( $listing[$x]['products_quantity'] > 0 )

{

$buy_now_button_array[] = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action','sort')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing[$x]['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW, 'style="padding-top: 5px;"') . '</a>?';

}

else

{

$buy_now_button_array[] = NON_ONLINE_ITEM ;

}

//end no button if quantity 0

But this code:

is not in that file.

Can anybody help me with this?

Do you have any other contribs installed that may have removed \ changed this code?

Are you using MS2?

Do you have any other contribs installed that may have removed \ changed this code?

Are you using MS2?

I didn't have any other. But taht's ok now because i've removed that contrib and installed Add Multiple Products to Cart, in columns, for SPPC. Later on i will try to install again the "Buy/Add button removal if quantity = 0"

But now i still have some problems with "Add Multiple Products to Cart in columns, for SPPC" I posted the topic here http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...umn&st=2780

If you could help i would be very thankfull.

thanks