• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Config file warning

Block Prospect

i'm getting this error at the top of my page:

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/st3/public_html/store/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Even if I change the permissions to 0 I still get the error. How do I get rid of it?

i'm getting this error at the top of my page:

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/st3/public_html/store/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Even if I change the permissions to 0 I still get the error. How do I get rid of it?

The permissions should be set to 644 or 444 for catalog/includes/configure.php

Make sure you set it from the file manager / tool of your host. An ftp program may not be able to change the attirbutes. And try 400 first on the configure.php.

Is there any way to just remove that message? I really need to get rid of it...

One more thing this could be:

Check in your webhosting control panel if there is a file manager interface that can be used to change permissions.

On my webserver I can change permissions to 644 but not to 444 via a ftp program.

I can only change the permissions to 444 via my webhosting control panel.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

Yes...Thank you, work perfect!

no problem.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

Archived