• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Newby idiot with grey hair

naltan

:'(

First off i am a complete & utter begineer, with grey hair, no programing knowledge, trying for first time to develop a new SHOP ( well is for me ) so far so good have used HMTL & piccys etc, managed with great difficulty so far, but i have managed to get most of the info i require up & running.

I am based in UK.

However when i come to up load my item ( will eventually be items ) but just trying one first as i thought it would be easier.

2 probelms :

First : when i do a pre-view the price of the item is there, but when i upload to the shop, no price is showing, the column is there but no price. :'(

Second : Postage : i want to charge different rates, depending on weight, but having zero success.

I have tried putting in as an example : based on weight

45: 0.60, 100: 1.00, 600:2.20 & nothing is showing when i go into my shop & do a purchase. :(

Can anyone help ?

If you can thank you, but simple sentances please, as i'm no geek, even an old geek. B)

Bob

For the price not showing, I would suspect that you might be putting a currency symbol in front of the price.

Just put the amount, for example 9.99, not ?9.99

Then if it's showing as ?0.00, go to catalog/includes/languages/english.php and set your default language currency to GBP. The relevant line looks like this

define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'GBP');

In the same place where you entered the shipping weights and amounts, check the line that says "enable table rate" or "enable zone rate", etc. ...make sure that is set to 'true'.

:'(

First off i am a complete & utter begineer, with grey hair, no programing knowledge, trying for first time to develop a new SHOP ( well is for me ) so far so good have used HMTL & piccys etc, managed with great difficulty so far, but i have managed to get most of the info i require up & running.

I am based in UK.

However when i come to up load my item ( will eventually be items ) but just trying one first as i thought it would be easier.

2 probelms :

First : when i do a pre-view the price of the item is there, but when i upload to the shop, no price is showing, the column is there but no price. :'(

Second : Postage : i want to charge different rates, depending on weight, but having zero success.

I have tried putting in as an example : based on weight

45: 0.60, 100: 1.00, 600:2.20 & nothing is showing when i go into my shop & do a purchase. :(

Can anyone help ?

If you can thank you, but simple sentances please, as i'm no geek, even an old geek. B)

Bob

Archived