• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

category description

toolman

Hiya

Which one did you get errors with toolman - I'm looking for the same thing (and want to avoid errors).

Annie

Hiya

Ooooooooooo that is scary ... the instructions for the header tags contribution are full of comments like 'If your site still works after the above'

Too scared to try it now

I know - I'm a coward but I can't afford for the site to mess up

Actually, the Header Tags Contribution was the first contribution I installed and it went smoothly and have had no errors. I came into Osc with no knowledge of php at all and was able to install this contribution.

Not sure why the author(s) would state "If your site still works after the above" ... some people just don't realize how 'off-putting' that can be.

No author of any contribution can guarantee their contribution will work on your site due to the fact they have no clue what you have done to your site (modification-wise). This is why you should backup your site prior to installing any contribution - just in case.

I recommend the Header Tags contribution. It's simple to use.

Thank you Moonlight !!

You gave me the courage to go ahead and do it ... and it worked !!

I was having kittens the whole time and my concentration wasn't helped by the fact that my son had an hilarious program on TV and I kept hearing bits of that, laughing my head off and then forgetting quite where I was up to.

Now wiping fevered brow and reaching for a very large glass of Southern Comfort.

Should I go see how to use it tonight or leave it till the effects of the relief (and the southern comfort) have worn off :)

Annie

Hiya

Couldn't resist playing with it and seeing how it works .. but found one problem...

The instructions say 'Note that is the title of a section appears in red, it means that file does not have the required Header Tags code installed '

Only one page is red - 'allprods' - but I don't know which page it refers to.

Can anyone help please

Annie

Hiya

The category descriptions are appearing in bold and it really doesn't look right on my site .. does anyone know how to turn the bold off?

Also, can I use html tags such as <br> in the category description to make it look better?

Annie

Help

After installing the above I seem to have lost the product name field !!

Can anyone help please

Annie

I think you should gather up your questions and put a post in the Header Tags Controller support thread. It's in the contribution support forum/section.

I think you'll get a quick answer there. :rolleyes:

Also the prices aren't showing up

Archived