• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fixed Quantities?

dcowart

I am looking for a contribution of some some that would restrict the user/customer to only fixed quantities, i.e. 250, 500, 1000, 2500, 5000... you get the picture.

However, so far nothing I have come across seems to do this. I downloaded the Quantity Price Break Contribution thinking this was the answer--but it is somewhat different from what I need. Though there are price breaks for higher quantities, I can not allow the customer to order anything other than quantities specified ( 460 rather than 500 for example).

Has anyone come across a good way to do this?

PS- I also thought of just doing the quantities as an attribute, but then I still get the actual quantities page.... which works if they keep it at '1' but it would be very confusing for a customer.

Hope this makes sense... any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Dean

The Quantity Price breaks does have a minimum quantity option. But if that won't work, why not just have a product that allows them to buy one? Then in the product description say, "This items contains 450 units."

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The Quantity Price breaks does have a minimum quantity option. But if that won't work, why not just have a product that allows them to buy one? Then in the product description say, "This items contains 450 units."

Jack

hmm...yes, this is how I was initially going to approach this. I just started thinking it might be a little confusing for the consumer, and was hoping there might be another contributiuon more suited to what I was looking for.

Also, I forgot to mention that each product has 2-3 other variables besides quantity, does anyone have any other ideas??

Archived