• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ultimate SEO quick question...

Ok, so I installed ultimate SEO and I am just wondering if a specific product webpage should appear in the search engine?

Like if I enter the search string "mysite.com/catalog/red-widget-with-blue-wheels.html" I would assume the link to that page would appear-but it doesnt.

And if I type in just "mysitename red widget with blue wheels" I get PR #1 of course (being so specific) but the link shown is 'mysite.com/catalog/red-widgets.html' (as in that brand page, just not the specific link for the one with blue wheels...

Am I making sense...I am getting at, it seems like the final product page is not listed.

Thank you!

Ok, so I installed ultimate SEO and I am just wondering if a specific product webpage should appear in the search engine?

Like if I enter the search string "mysite.com/catalog/red-widget-with-blue-wheels.html" I would assume the link to that page would appear-but it doesnt.

And if I type in just "mysitename red widget with blue wheels" I get PR #1 of course (being so specific) but the link shown is 'mysite.com/catalog/red-widgets.html' (as in that brand page, just not the specific link for the one with blue wheels...

Am I making sense...I am getting at, it seems like the final product page is not listed.

Thank you!

Actually, Yahoo will show that DEEP, exact product pages link, but google will not, no matter how I try.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have an answer?

It can take up to several months for pages to be reindexed in google and appear in their listings.

How long has it been since you installed SEO?

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

It can take up to several months for pages to be reindexed in google and appear in their listings.

How long has it been since you installed SEO?

Thanks for reply, I installed it 3 months ago.

My pages for a certain brand are indexed great

mysite.com/catalog/blue-widget-brand.html

But I just do not see the page for blue widgets with sequins and tassles

mysite.com/catalog/blue-widget-sequins-and-tassles.html

follow? like it does not go very deep, just the categories and brands, just not specific product.