• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Removing Default Images / Clipart

sagarh

Hi

I have recently installed oscommerce and am in the process of getting it all up and running. I brought a template for my site and installed it succesfully but my only problem is that on some pages I still get the default oscommerce clipart appearing eg. category headers etc. how do I remove these if I only want to use hyperlinks(text)? my preference would be to only use text as the pages would load faster...

Take a look at my site at http://www.netplaza.co.uk - I have not added any products yet I am using defaults at the moment. If you have any suggestions please let me know they will be gratefully received.

Thanks!

If you just replaced the category images with your own, it would fix your 'clip art' problem, but if you want to just have text links instead of category images, then....

BACKUP your file(s) first!!

Find, in index.php

around line 100 ...but it may vary with your template...

$width = (int)(100 / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) . '%';
  echo '				<td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";
  if ((($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) == floor($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW)) && ($rows != $number_of_categories)) {

and replace it with

$width = (int)(100 / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) . '%';
  echo '				<td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' /*. tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>'*/ . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";
  if ((($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) == floor($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW)) && ($rows != $number_of_categories)) {

That will leave just the text links for the categories, above the products...instead of the cartoon pictures.

You'll probably want to edit the css to give those titles their own class because their text is very very small :huh:

Hi

I have recently installed oscommerce and am in the process of getting it all up and running. I brought a template for my site and installed it succesfully but my only problem is that on some pages I still get the default oscommerce clipart appearing eg. category headers etc. how do I remove these if I only want to use hyperlinks(text)? my preference would be to only use text as the pages would load faster...

Take a look at my site at http://www.netplaza.co.uk - I have not added any products yet I am using defaults at the moment. If you have any suggestions please let me know they will be gratefully received.

Thanks!

Cant see these cliparts exactly, could you give an exact link?

Also easiest way is open up the .php page in question, and do a find for the image name, once you find it, jsut delete the whole line. That will sovle the problem, thats what i did on my site.

To change the font why not add the following <p style

I also changed MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW to 4 as this gives me a better layout. I could not find out where MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW is setup.

$width = (int)(100 / 4) . '%';

echo '

<td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top">

<p style="

font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

color: #000000;

font-weight: bold;

font-size: 11px;

line-height: 1.5;

">

<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' /*. tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>'*/ . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";

if ((($rows / 4) == floor($rows / 4)) && ($rows != $number_of_categories)) {

To change the default image on the page: create_account_success.php

try the following:

1. backup

2. in File Manager open catalog/create_account_success.php

3. Find this image: table_background_man_on_board.gif

4. Remove the text "table_background_man_on_board.gif"

5. Add the text for your own image

6. Upload your image to catalog/images

This worked for me.

Cindy

store.countrydesigns.org/catalog/index.php