• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

store ip in combination with paypal IPN

abra123cadabra

Hi @ll,

I need your help again with a hopefully small issue.

I am using paypal IPN and I added the IP order recorder. The IP is stored with the order, when the customer goes all the way through with paypal but not if he cancels after being redirected to paypal. The order is stored properly as [preparing paypal IPN] but the IP is not recorded.

I already tried to change /catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php and /catalog/includes/classes/order.php and I had a look in catalog/ext/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php but couldn't locate which part is responsible for storing the order data and setting the preparing paypal status. I guess that's where the ip data would need to be stored as well.

I hope you can help me out on this,

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Feedback and suggestions on my shop welcome.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

Had another look.

Actually, the IP is only stored when I use cash on delivery.

With the paypal IPN it is not stored at all.

Where do I need to make the changes?

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

Ok, figured it out.

The /catalog/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php needed a modification as described here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...50entry732450

abra

Archived