• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

help me..... I accidentally delete all my products.

ilaganm

:o Help! I accidentally deleted all my products in my website. Honestly, I'm a begginer.. the only i know is html source code.

I don't have any idea about php..... but i wanna learn how. I made a backup files so what should i do.............

Miki...... :(

:o Help! I accidentally deleted all my products in my website. Honestly, I'm a begginer.. the only i know is html source code.

I don't have any idea about php..... but i wanna learn how. I made a backup files so what should i do.............

Miki...... :(

Did you backup the database.

People do not backup the database, but this should be done al least once a week, or more often if there are a lot of changes/traffic. Ideally it should be done nightly and you should keep several copies of it (5 days) to fall back to.

If you have a backup of the database you should be able to restore it. Now if you did not backed it up, don't feel bad, it happens to everyone, and one learns the hard way.

Good luck

:'(

When I accidentally deleted crucial directory, I contacted my hosting provider and they keep a one week back up handy. They restored my deleted dir for me themselves from their backup. Maybe you should contact your provider and see if they offer something similiar

I really appreciate your reply... I've lost the contact number of the person who made

my account. Yes, before i deleted some of the items. I made a BACKUP (this is the one in the ADMINISTRATION of OS COMMERCE right? when you click TOOLS. It say's DATABASE BACKUP MANAGER.

So... can someone teach me step by step how will i restore it... the file is somewhat like this 4,470,681 bytes... its kinda big.... anyway.. i will wait for your reply... Thank you...

Miki :'(

Click on the sql backup you want to restore from in the Database Backup Manager. Go over to the column on the right, under the date, click restore. It will say 'Do not interupt the restoration process', click restore again one time. That should be successful.

Hi.... I did that just now. I click the action icon (symbol " i " ) then i click restore on the right side. It say

Do not interrupt the restoration process.

The larger the backup, the longer this process takes!

If possible, use the mysql client.

when i click RESTORE ..... it download and after that went to ERROR.

Hi.... I did that just now. I click the action icon (symbol " i " ) then i click restore on the right side. It say

Do not interrupt the restoration process.

The larger the backup, the longer this process takes!

If possible, use the mysql client.

when i click RESTORE ..... it download and after that went to ERROR.

1. Download the file from your admin/backup folder (sql file)

2. Open the file in something like wordpad

3. Using PHPMyAdmin or similar, cut large or small sections of the sql statements at a time (Size is up to you but be careful of the upload limit on your server or the script will timeout

4. Rest your hands from cut and paste!

...make sure you cut all the "create table" text and the "insert into" text or you will get syntax errors

HTH

Mark

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

1. Download the file from your admin/backup folder (sql file)

2. Open the file in something like wordpad

3. Using PHPMyAdmin or similar, cut large or small sections of the sql statements at a time (Size is up to you but be careful of the upload limit on your server or the script will timeout

4. Rest your hands from cut and paste!

...make sure you cut all the "create table" text and the "insert into" text or you will get syntax errors

HTH

Mark

Hi... using phpmyadmin .. where can i see that??? I already succesfully download the back up files...

Hi... using phpmyadmin .. where can i see that??? I already succesfully download the back up files...

do you have phpmyadmin or similar through your (hosting) control panel to administer your database?

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

do you have phpmyadmin or similar through your (hosting) control panel to administer your database?

I have seen os commerce admin - the only thing i can see with thsoe php are DEFINE LANGUAGE.

Oh.. you mean the hosting where i can edit. Yes i found it.. but i dont know where should i insert this sql...

in phpmyadmin there is a tab at the top sql

open that tab and paste the quesry in the text box and hit go

when you are creating tables it may will ask you if you want to drop the table - say yes

if you have any problems or if you feel uncomfortable doing this then let me know and I can do it for you

regards

mark

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

in phpmyadmin there is a tab at the top sql

open that tab and paste the quesry in the text box and hit go

when you are creating tables it may will ask you if you want to drop the table - say yes

if you have any problems or if you feel uncomfortable doing this then let me know and I can do it for you

regards

mark

Oh... really? can you help me....... do you have an msn? if yes can you add me....

It seems like you have a real mission, good luck fixing it. Even if you do manage to add the sql you will not be able to retrieve any sales made or orders status updated, etc from the moment the backup was made because it will take you back to the point of when the backup was made.

At you should have any order emails in your inbox - so that'll help.

Good Luck

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Hoooppray!!!!! We finally fixed it!!! ^^ though the images got lost almost all.. But it's ok! ^^ hihihihi At least everything was returned and even the number of clients who purchased the product. Anyway, Thanks to everyone who helped me... I really realy appreciate your help... ^^ Take care everyone.. I really love to be here... Ty again... ^^ :thumbsup:

It seems like you have a real mission, good luck fixing it. Even if you do manage to add the sql you will not be able to retrieve any sales made or orders status updated, etc from the moment the backup was made because it will take you back to the point of when the backup was made.

At you should have any order emails in your inbox - so that'll help.

Good Luck

Archived