• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is paypal enough for the beginning?

gleader

Yes, it is fine. You may want to consider the other modules when you start making enough money off of the site to support them. They cost, where paypal is free, so you probably don't need another expense for a new site. But even if you do add one of the others, you may want to still keep paypal. I removed it from one of my sites after switching to authorize.net and received many requests to add it back.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, it is fine. You may want to consider the other modules when you start making enough money off of the site to support them. They cost, where paypal is free, so you probably don't need another expense for a new site. But even if you do add one of the others, you may want to still keep paypal. I removed it from one of my sites after switching to authorize.net and received many requests to add it back.

Jack

What do you mean paypal is free? how free? i'm currently using 2CheckOut.

I still don't know which type of payment method is popular and most of the people like to use.

Do you have any experience to it.

smithveg ;)

Hello World! ^.^ I'm a Internet naive. Browse my working profile

Malaysia Web Services - OPerion Website Marketing System

By free, I meant no monthly charge. You still have to pay the per item fee, but that is lower than 2CO, unless they have changed it lately. The service is far greater than 2CO also. This isn't saying that the service at paypal is so greate really but just that 2CO's is so bad.

You can break the payment methods into two general groups. The ones you can afford to use and the ones you can't. Paypal and 2CO are free, except for per item fees and a startup charge for 2CO. To use the others, you generally need to gross about $1,000/month before it makes sense to use them. If you have a choice between paypal and 2CO, there is no question, at least in my mind, that it should be paypal. Once you start grossing enough to use one of the other modules, you should switch since, even with their monthly fee's, they are usually a better deal that the free ones at that point.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Payment gateways are still in primitive stages most of them doesn't support multicurrency (If you leave the big 5-10 currencies), so ultimately you have to opt for Paypal there is not other option. That is what I discovered when I was trying to add PAyment gateway in my store http://www.SwamiPC.in

I explored all of the available options (in UK) and also other so called internationally payment gateways. All suck :devil:

In the starting Paypal is the best you don't need to may monthly fee and setup is free, the only fee you pay is per transaction charges, which is the most competative in the market. Once you start getting volume then you might think to opt for standard Payment gateways provided you get profit from them.

Since Paypal now accepts all Credit and Debit Cards (international) in big currencies (for the rest of currencies they charge heavily for currency conversion) which makes it the ultimate choice.

And also if you are a small business then probably the so called jokers of High Street Banks even won't entertain you (UK).

Payment gateways are still in primitive stages most of them doesn't support multicurrency (If you leave the big 5-10 currencies), so ultimately you have to opt for Paypal there is not other option. That is what I discovered when I was trying to add PAyment gateway in my store http://www.SwamiPC.in

I explored all of the available options (in UK) and also other so called internationally payment gateways. All suck :devil:

In the starting Paypal is the best you don't need to may monthly fee and setup is free, the only fee you pay is per transaction charges, which is the most competative in the market. Once you start getting volume then you might think to opt for standard Payment gateways provided you get profit from them.

Since Paypal now accepts all Credit and Debit Cards (international) in big currencies (for the rest of currencies they charge heavily for currency conversion) which makes it the ultimate choice.

And also if you are a small business then probably the so called jokers of High Street Banks even won't entertain you (UK).

We have a CC-Machine and pay around $50/month and only about 2 - 3% per transaction, which is way less than paypal's transaction fees. As there are people who rather use paypal than provide one with their credit card, it's still a good idea to accept paypal payments as well.

HIM - Dark Light - Out on 26/09/05

Archived