• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Default currency when logged in

bobsi18

Hi there...

This is something that I thought osCommerce had when I first started to use it, but I've since come to the thought that maybe it's all in my head... :)

I'm set up in Australia and the majority of my customers are Australian. As such, I don't see the point in having a currency 'box' taking up room on the site. That said, I think that the ability to have different currencies available for my International customers would be fantastic, particularily as it is a built in feature in osComerce. What I'm wondering is - is it possible to assign a currency to a country, and then all users that sign up with that country automatically see prices in that currency? I.e.

Australian User--> Australian Address --> AUD

U.K User--> U.K. Address--> Pounds Sterling

Is this possible in the form of a contribution, or am I just dreaming :)

Thanks again for any advice

~Barbara~

edit: I've been searching around and haven't come up with anything - maybe I'm searching for the wrong things?

This is something that I thought osCommerce had when I first started to use it, but I've since come to the thought that maybe it's all in my head... :)

I guess it was just all in my head :( Oh well, seems like it could be a powerful addition to an ecommerce site, I'll think about doing something about it after I get my site up and going.

~barbara~

Archived