• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Florida tax on basic setup?

OwenP

I have installed OSC and made relevant configuration changes, however I get "FL TAX 7.0%" show up in the checkout process. I changed the default Florida zone to a new zone called "UK" but I have no added any new tax details as all my prices include tax. Anyone know where it is still picking up FL TAX 7.0% from? Thanks in advance.

I have installed OSC and made relevant configuration changes, however I get "FL TAX 7.0%" show up in the checkout process. I changed the default Florida zone to a new zone called "UK" but I have no added any new tax details as all my prices include tax. Anyone know where it is still picking up FL TAX 7.0% from? Thanks in advance.

Have you follow all the steps found HERE

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

I had deleted all the tax zones so I found it odd that this was happening. I followed your suggestion and set up a UK tax zone and gave it 0% tax, but it is still adding FL tax at 7%! I don't see why though.

I had deleted all the tax zones so I found it odd that this was happening. I followed your suggestion and set up a UK tax zone and gave it 0% tax, but it is still adding FL tax at 7%! I don't see why though.

If you are still seeing the fl tax then you missed a step. I would start at the top and go through each and every step again to see which one it is.

Setting up the taxes is a bit tricky as there seems to be a lot of hoops to jump through and missing just one keeps it from working.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

I figured it out! It was me being stupid. I was using the default products to test the store, so hadn't been through the stage of setting up products. When you set up a product, you need to specify the tax zone! Changed it to my 0% zone and it now doesn't show up tax. Awesome.

Archived