• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Link Text vs Link Popularity

smithveg

I get the articles from http://dcb.sun.com/howtos/document_tagging

I'm so confuse when i come to 'Link Text' area.

I'm still new to e-marketing. I would like to make my sites well-known. How can it be?

From the articles that i have read through, i'm so confuse to this paragraph.

Can anyone explain and give me a simple example.

I hope somebody could help me here because i don't where to the answer for myself.

From the articles...

"These are the words used in your copy as hypertext links, like this: Go to Top of Page. I've used "Top" as link text. Using keywords as hypertext links will improve you rankings, and if the word links to a site other than your own, will really help the recipient of the link.

If you are using text links as navigation features, make sure the text supports your keywords. If you use graphical elements for navigation, try to add text links somewhere on the page, either within the copy or as a separate navigation feature."

Thank for any helped and taugh.

smithveg

Hello World! ^.^ I'm a Internet naive. Browse my working profile

Malaysia Web Services - OPerion Website Marketing System

This is saying that when you link to a page, the keyword used in that link should match the keyword for the page. For example, let's say you have a page on your site named apples.php and it is all about applies. If you put a link on your home page to that page, it would appear as sometthing like

<a title="apples" href...

The text on the page would have to use the keyword, apples, enough to support the keyword (the keyword density needs to be around 5%).

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

This is saying that when you link to a page, the keyword used in that link should match the keyword for the page. For example, let's say you have a page on your site named apples.php and it is all about applies. If you put a link on your home page to that page, it would appear as sometthing like
 <a title="apples" href...

The text on the page would have to use the keyword, apples, enough to support the keyword (the keyword density needs to be around 5%).

Jack

From my google search, i get this forum say that add a title="" to <a href=""...

http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum12/1613.htm

It sound seems worked well in search engine. :thumbsup:

But can you tell me which .php in osc should i add?

do i need to add the title="" to every single .php file in osc?

If that's the only way. Where should i add in a .php file? ;)

Ex. index.php...

smithveg

Hello World! ^.^ I'm a Internet naive. Browse my working profile

Malaysia Web Services - OPerion Website Marketing System

• 2 weeks later...

What's the difference between title="" and alt="" in a link then?

Every tutorial I've used for HTML has only mentioned alt. But I'm starting to see reference to title more and more.

There are two kinds of links: text and image. You can only use alt in an image link. You can use title in both of them. For regular use, alt is used mainly to display text on the page if your image doesn't display, while title was an addition to allow the blind to be able to "read" the link. For SEO, they are both read and should be used.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thank you for that explanation, Jack.

(item number 1,368 on my things to-do and/or re-adjust).

UGH! hehehe

Archived