• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Keyword Frequency

smithveg

I had do many research in search engines.

One of the articles said:-

"High ranking sites fall into a keyword frequency range of 5-11. We suggest a frequency of 8-11, but don't use your keywords over 12 times on a page. We have found that rankings drop precipitously with keyword frequency over 12."

I'm not so understand this.

As i know i cannot repeat a word Ex. 'Nestle' more than 5 times in a meta keyword.

But Is it i cannot repeat a same word 'Nestle' many times in my text body?

Can anyone explain to me

This are the source i get http://dcb.sun.com/howtos/document_tagging

Thank for any pointers and comments.

smithveg

Hello World! ^.^ I'm a Internet naive. Browse my working profile

Malaysia Web Services - OPerion Website Marketing System

What they are referring to is more commonly called Keyword Density (KD). It is a measure of how many times a keyword is used as compared to the other words on the page. So if you have four words on your page and one of them is your keyword, then you have a KD 25%. The KD should be around 5-7% for best results, unless the results your reference claim are true. What you should do is set up the text on your page the way you want it. Remember that you should always set up your site first for your visitors. If the site doesn't look good to them, it won't matter much how well you rank since the visitors would just leave. Once you get the text set up, run your site through a KD checker. There are many available on the web, or you can install the SEO Assistant contribution (although that would be a lot of work for just this one test). If the KD for the keyword you are looking at is out of range, try adjusting the text to change it, keeping in mind the note above about coding for your visitors.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

What they are referring to is more commonly called Keyword Density (KD). It is a measure of how many times a keyword is used as compared to the other words on the page. So if you have four words on your page and one of them is your keyword, then you have a KD 25%. The KD should be around 5-7% for best results, unless the results your reference claim are true. What you should do is set up the text on your page the way you want it. Remember that you should always set up your site first for your visitors. If the site doesn't look good to them, it won't matter much how well you rank since the visitors would just leave. Once you get the text set up, run your site through a KD checker. There are many available on the web, or you can install the SEO Assistant contribution (although that would be a lot of work for just this one test). If the KD for the keyword you are looking at is out of range, try adjusting the text to change it, keeping in mind the note above about coding for your visitors.

Jack

I found this sites to check my keyword.

http://www.webconfs.com/keyword-density-checker.php

After the checker check my sites, i realize that my sites keyword matches percentage very low.

Am i just need to made my keyword change ! change ! change !

until i satistied with my rank?

Is it the keyword still worked in google and yahoo? and any high traffic search engines.

smithveg ;)

I don't understand what you are asking.

Jack

Sorry for my bad english. I purpose is to know how can i check whatever this keyword is good or not insearch engines. Because i found that search engines never indexing my pages. Honestly, my site just setting up last month, just one month. Do i need to take extra action to let spider know my sites? by submiting articles... right...

i know that addMe provide a free article submission. But i would like to know how can i submit my articles to 'directories' as mentioned in others threads.

smithveg

There are web sites out there, some free and some you have to pay for, that will list the amount of searches for keywords. You need to find a keyword that matches your site andthat has a large number of searches done on it (usually about 100,000/month works good). If you don't select the proper keywords, you will probably never do well in the SE listings, at least not as expected.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

There are web sites out there, some free and some you have to pay for, that will list the amount of searches for keywords. You need to find a keyword that matches your site andthat has a large number of searches done on it (usually about 100,000/month works good). If you don't select the proper keywords, you will probably never do well in the SE listings, at least not as expected.

Jack

ok Thank you Jack

I'll continue my way to do the research...

smithveg

Archived