• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Site not working after oscommerce install

shayrgob

I have noticed that you have also posted another thread earlier and both your problems stem from the same situation.

The browser cannot find your index.php file because it is not sitting in your document root.

I would suggest thayt you take all the files out of the catalog folder and put all of them directly into your document root (which should be public.html or www).

You will have to modify your configuration files to reflect the changes in the paths. Just remove the 'catalog/' part of the relevent paths and it should all work.

I have noticed that you have also posted another thread earlier and both your problems stem from the same situation.

The browser cannot find your index.php file because it is not sitting in your document root.

I would suggest thayt you take all the files out of the catalog folder and put all of them directly into your document root (which should be public.html or www).

You will have to modify your configuration files to reflect the changes in the paths. Just remove the 'catalog/' part of the relevent paths and it should all work.

I did put them in my doc root which is shayrgob ( I called my host and asked). And I don't understand why it wouldn't work if I specify the webserver root directory (/shayrgob/catalog/) and then just put www.importwerks.com for the web address. I'll try a few other things

I did put them in my doc root which is shayrgob ( I called my host and asked). And I don't understand why it wouldn't work if I specify the webserver root directory (/shayrgob/catalog/) and then just put www.importwerks.com for the web address. I'll try a few other things

ah, I think my problem lies in the "webserver root directory". I thought they were talking about my site so I put my root (shayrgob) and then /, then catalog= /shayrgob/catalog/ but this isn't the apache server path. So my ? now is, do I need the apache server path? and if so, how do I do that?

OK.

What are you getting when you open your site? If you are only getting the server details, then the server is not reading any of your files.

Open your ftp editor.

When you open your site it should have some folders in there, including public_html.

Make sure that all the files and folders that lie inside the catalog folder are placed directly into this public_html folder.

In your includes/configure file, your path should read something like ('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://shayrgob.com.') or whatever is the correct address. There should be a letter or memo from your host letting you know the correct address.

You will also have to check the other paths, such as cookies, etc; as well as check that admin/includes/ configure also reflects that path. COOKIE_DOMAIN should look something like ('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'shayrgob.com.').

Just another thought.

When you log into the XController of your site, is there Fantastico in there. If so, there should be a full working copy of osCommerce in there. If you load osCommerce from there, it will set all the correct paths for you.

Hope this is helping. Please pm me if you wish.

Enter $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] as the value for the document root constant in your includes/configure.php file and that should get you going.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Archived