• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Best Buyers

Rezolles_Net

No there isn't, but there is a Best Customers By Date contribution for the admin end only. You'll have to modify it to show up on the customer end.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Hi

Is there any contributions that will show to visitors "best buyers" in a box? :blush:

...but find out first if you are allowed to do that ... becasue I would be furious if my name turned up on a website in a best buyers box. Privacy and such ...

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

I agree with Monika Dude. You could potentially be opening yourself up a whole new can of worms there.

It is the same situation as in Product Reviews .. where the clients full name is posted. There is a patch released to fix the reviews by only showing the first name.

You could do a Best Buyers but I would only post firstnames and no lastnames.

I agree with Monika Dude. You could potentially be opening yourself up a whole new can of worms there.

It is the same situation as in Product Reviews .. where the clients full name is posted. There is a patch released to fix the reviews by only showing the first name.

You could do a Best Buyers but I would only post firstnames and no lastnames.

That is actually a very good idea (to use first names only) like in product reviews but to get the contribution to work needs modification and not everyone can modify it to work as it is required by Rezolles.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

If you do want to do it, then use the 'customer testamonials' contribution and edit the titles to something like 'Best Customer'. This creates an infobox as your require.

One of the functions of this contributions is that admin can add 'words' as a testimonial but you can re-arrange the box words to suit your needs.

Apart from editing the language files, all you will need to do is to remove the function that allows the customers to leave testimonials.

Should work, no modifications required.

CHOOCH

Archived