• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

My website

tejas

It looks clean and functional but having checked out a lot for requests for feedback in this forum, it's just a popular template used by many. I'll not check further as it is as if I'm shown an out of the box default osC. Sorry about that. I like the template but it's just not unique any more.

Maybe point out some special features you added or modified, then I'll have another look for those.

Good luck with your shop,

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Feedback and suggestions on my shop welcome.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

As said above, very nice template but been done before. Just a few things I noticed though, you spelt currencies wrong, your specials are a bit skew-whiff and you need a privacy policy. Other than that, everything seems to function as expected.

Good luck with it!

i have made my 1st store.Pls give the feedback and any suggestions

www.omart.co.in is the URL

Thanks

You have used the template as it comes. You could alter a few things. Make it look and feel diferent from all the rest. You still have oscommerce as a site title. Change it to your stores name. You havent even bothered to change the copywrite name at the bottom of your store.

In your product descriptions the click to enlarge link does not enlarge the image, and the descriptionsd dont make me want to buy a product. You have loads of categories without products in them. Either add products, or remove the category.

I cant seem to find a contact address or phone number, and there is not a lot of information about you, or your company. If you cant sell yourself you will never sell products.

You have no meta tags or anything assigned to any pages. So sorting out search engine optimisation must surely be your next step. If search engines cant find you, how will your customers.

Overall i think you still have a lot of work to do, after thinking purchasing a widely used template.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

You have not exactly made your first tore, what you have done is install a template but your store doesn't seem to have any modifications on it. This one and the first group of monstertemplate.com osC templates are so widely used that people should try to move to another template or simply not use one and design their own site.

However, good luck with whatever you do.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

It's been used a million times, but if you really want to buy it I think the site name is up a couple of posts.

where can I download this template ????

is it available anywhere ?? what is the name of this template ??? :o

Can someone help in corporate the contributions.I tried in corporating the reward points system and adding a about us page but since my template is different from the deafault template i am facing a problem.

Are the contributions made for the default template or they work in any template

With more modifications, it gets more difficult to do ...but it should be possible.

To answer your question directly, they are made with the default template in mind, but after a person adds 20 or 30 contributions, the site(s) might not look very much like the default anymore anyway.

I have heard that a template like yours might have a lot "hard coded" into it, not really the 'osc way'...so that could be a challenge to work with.

A file "compare and merge" tool is good for that. Winmerge and Beyond Compare are a couple.

Can someone help in corporate the contributions.I tried in corporating the reward points system and adding a about us page but since my template is different from the deafault template i am facing a problem.

Are the contributions made for the default template or they work in any template

No oscommerce contributions are specifically made for templated sites - they are simply for oscommerce. The contributions will work on templated sites but remember that those ones from montertemplates are hard coded so if you have multiple languages you need to modify store straight away otherwise the languages won't work properly.

You will need to download the contributions you mentioned and follow the instructions, text-diff the files using winmerge or filezilla and upload the new files and edited files, always backing up ad work you have done.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Archived