• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

add flat rate shipping to shopping cart?

hmm904

Hi, I have flat rate shipping setup for 2 zones. I was hoping to do one of 2 things:

(zone 1-us & ca $5

zone 2-all other countries $10)

Ideally, I'd like to have logged in customers' shipping price displayed and included in the subtotal of their shopping cart

Or, if they're not logged in, a graphic or text displaying a simple flat rate chart.

I also as a quick fix, thought I'd display a graphic in the left column of every page or at least in the shopping cart template. I cannot seem to figure out how to add a line of HTML. Any thoughts?? THANKYOU!!!

As a good start, go to the contributions page and search for "ship in cart" or shipping+cart, ship cart, show shipping in cart...phrases like that should pull up some good choices for you.

Hi, I have flat rate shipping setup for 2 zones. I was hoping to do one of 2 things:

(zone 1-us & ca $5

zone 2-all other countries $10)

Ideally, I'd like to have logged in customers' shipping price displayed and included in the subtotal of their shopping cart

Or, if they're not logged in, a graphic or text displaying a simple flat rate chart.

I also as a quick fix, thought I'd display a graphic in the left column of every page or at least in the shopping cart template. I cannot seem to figure out how to add a line of HTML. Any thoughts?? THANKYOU!!!

Yes, there at least two. One is a ship in cart and one is estimated shipping costs which adds a new infobox but can be modified to show up in the shooping cart infobox too

Good luck

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Hi, thanks for the help, guys. I did see one of these but it initially looked a little time-intensive. Guess it may be the only way. I will give it a whirl and update this area with the results. Thanks very much!!

Archived