• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is this osC or me???

Cathi

I have an image on my site that is not appearing to anyone........except me! Everyone else gets the "red x". I have cleared my IE cache, made sure my settings say to clear it every time I shut down, set it to check for new versions of the page every visit, gone to AOL and cleared the AOL cache there (even though I'm not using AOL to view my store), and run disk cleanup.

Still, I can see the image!! I want to fix it, but I have no way to know if it is still broken since I can always see it.

Does anybody know where my computer could be storing this image? Or could it be cached somewhere server-side? If it is, how do I clear it?

Thanks!

Cathi

you're probably seeing it, because it is on your computer but not on the server. If you point your mouse on the image then right-click and select properties you should be able to see the path and figure out the image folder that belongs to so you can upload it.

The wierd thing is that I have uploaded a new picture. The new picture appears on my desktop, but not my laptop. Right-click on the laptop shows the old image path, right-click on desktop, the new image path.

Now, here is the strange part...in my admin panel, the uploaded pic is the new one, if I right-click on it in admin, I see the new image path. BUT...if I look at the source code for the image, in admin, on the same page where I am looking at the preview of the new picture, the source code shows the path to the old picture.

I can only get the new picture to show if I type the image path in manually instead of browsing to the picture and uploading. (I am using category descriptions, and this is the category pic)

What???? I have no idea what would cause that!

Hopefully, it's just this one picture and I don't have to kill myself over it, LOL.

Cathi

Archived