• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

STS was designed to work with OSC version...

Hi All,

Had to go back and reinstall my latest backup file that I knew worked, as I had a bad PayPal WPP install or the module didn't work for my setup. When I did the reinstall of my good files - pre PayPal fiasco, I see that I now have "STS was designed to work with OSC version [osCommerce 2.2-MS2]. This is version []." displaying across the top of all of my pages. AAUGH. How do I get rid of this? Prior to the reinstall of the backup, I never had this showing.

Thanks, Kimber

Hi All,

Had to go back and reinstall my latest backup file that I knew worked, as I had a bad PayPal WPP install or the module didn't work for my setup. When I did the reinstall of my good files - pre PayPal fiasco, I see that I now have "STS was designed to work with OSC version [osCommerce 2.2-MS2]. This is version []." displaying across the top of all of my pages. AAUGH. How do I get rid of this? Prior to the reinstall of the backup, I never had this showing.

Thanks, Kimber

You could edit your sts_display_output.php:

Find the following lines of code and comment them out:

// Perform OSC version checking
if ($sts_osc_version != $sts_osc_version_required) {
 echo "[b]STS was designed to work with OSC version[/b] [$sts_osc_version_required].  This is version [$sts_osc_version].\n";
}

By doing so, STS will no longer check what version of OsCommerce you are running.

In the future, please post all questions in the STS forum so that all can benefit.

Hope this helps,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

You could edit your sts_display_output.php:

Find the following lines of code and comment them out:

// Perform OSC version checking
if ($sts_osc_version != $sts_osc_version_required) {
 echo "[b]STS was designed to work with OSC version[/b] [$sts_osc_version_required].  This is version [$sts_osc_version].\n";
}

By doing so, STS will no longer check what version of OsCommerce you are running.

In the future, please post all questions in the STS forum so that all can benefit.

Hope this helps,

Bill Kellum

Bill,

Thanks for your help. This did the trick. I had commented out the wrong line in the file, which obviously hadn't worked.

By the way, I searched the specific support forum for info about this topic and didn't find any. While I was still searching that particular forum, I clicked on new topic to make my post. I had assumed that it would keep me in STS support forum and just add a new topic in that forum. Sorry about my misunderstanding.

Kimber