• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Downloadable products

poppo41

I am building a digital store and have been trying to figure out how to get the downloads to the customer. I installed download controller and have finnaly got everything working but, when I do a test purchase and click the link back to the site there is no link. I am probably just missing a simple step somwhere. For one thing, where do you put the path to the file to be downloaded?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ps. Please be easy on me, I am very new to all of this.

I am building a digital store and have been trying to figure out how to get the downloads to the customer. I installed download controller and have finnaly got everything working but, when I do a test purchase and click the link back to the site there is no link. I am probably just missing a simple step somwhere. For one thing, where do you put the path to the file to be downloaded?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ps. Please be easy on me, I am very new to all of this.

1. Have you set the attributes for the downloads?

2. Have you uploaded the files to be downloaded to the "catalog/download" folder?

My Contribution

Music Download Store Template

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4275

1. Have you set the attributes for the downloads?

2. Have you uploaded the files to be downloaded to the "catalog/download" folder?

1. I'm also new to OsCommerce, could you please clarify how one sets downloadable attributes.

2. When you say "catalog/download" do all downloads go in one folder or can there be a hierachy structure to it?

Thanks.

Hello,

I have done both. I think I finally found the one missing piece of info. When you set you download folder to 755, you must also check the file inside the folder. All of mine were set to 644. Once I changed each file it is working fine.

To domss,

after adding the item to a catagory, go to product attribute and enter the exact name of the file to be downloaded in the appropriate fielwhere it says filename:

If your host has cpanel, go to file manager, make sure you download folder is set to 755 and you pub folder is set to 777. THEN OPEN YOUR DOWNLOAD FOLDER AND SET YOUR DOWNLOAD FILES TO 755.