• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Looking For New Product Insertion Page

conrad10781

I just got thrown into this project and I don't know how the entire package functions as a whole very well yet--I'm just trying to get in and edit one particular part. Anyway..

I'm trying to find the particular file(s) that contain the information on how to insert a new product/item. I thought it was the categories page, however, when I am trying to edit that file, I can't find the input boxes or form that was being used to update the products.

Once I find that page all I want to do is add onto the existing record insertion. Anyone know where I can find it off hand?

Thanks a bunch,

Brian

It's all over the page. I can't tell you what to look for, because there's several steps involved. This code handles product creation, editing, and deletion. It both processes the form and displays the form. This is an outline of how the display works:

Line 357:

if ($action == 'new_product') {

//new product form

Line 596:

} elseif ($action == 'new_product_preview') {

//new product preview

Line 729:

} else {

//display categories/products list

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

Perhaps the problem is that you don't understand that OSC uses functions to handle drawing the fields and it's not regular HTML in that file?

Line 520:

<tr bgcolor="#ebebff">
		<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_PRICE_GROSS; ?></td>
		<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('products_price_gross', $pInfo->products_price, 'OnKeyUp="updateNet()"'); ?></td>
	  </tr>

You can find the definition for the tep_draw_input_field() function in includes/functions/html_output.php

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

You might want to start with an easier to follow admin page. The categories.php file is a little long and intimidating. Try playing around with the specials page. It's a little shorter and simpler. You might find it easier to get a better understanding of when OSC functions are used for HTML output, and the general way OSC handles processing in the admin section.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

Archived