• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Categories on Index Page

:o I'm obviously still a beginner here! Is there a way that I can have the categories and their respective images on the index page where the main text would normally go? I am trying to find a way to bring more attention and make it easier for customers to find our products.

Also...how is it that I would change to title of the pages from the default "osCommerce"?

Then you have to click on "shop for handbags" to see the store.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am still learning this as I go!

Thanks

Derrick

I'm obviously still a beginner here! Is there a way that I can have the categories and their respective images on the index page where the main text would normally go? I am trying to find a way to bring more attention and make it easier for customers to find our products.

I do believe that there is a contribution that does this, but i cannot remember what it is called .

Also...how is it that I would change to title of the pages from the default "osCommerce"?

This is altered in your language file. Do a search in your includes/language/whatever your language.php file for

// page title

define('TITLE', 'Oscommerce');

and change the oscommerce bit to the name of your store.

My next bit of advice may seem silly, but do try doing a search of these forums to see if your question has been asked before. You then will not annoy many people by asking this sort of question.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Thanks Steve....

I've tried looking through the contributions...but haven't found one that will do like I want. I did load one in that modifies the categories to they appear larger and with lines in betwen each heading...but I haven't seen one that will place the categories in the Main on the Index page.

Thanks again for your help

Archived