• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Newbie Help

nick119

Ok guys I've done quite a lot of reading up on these forums and other sites and I see that this osCommerce is the software to have for a shopping cart. Anyway I have a decent amount of knowledge in HTML/CSS and all that stuff. I've searched these forums a couple times to find posts explaining where to start on designing your own template. I basically want to totally customize the look of my osCommerce and i'm not sure exactly where to start. I know this might be annoying but I'd really appreciate the guidance and help. Thank you so so much in advance.

Regards,

-Nick

THANK YOU!

i would recommend printing off the documentation and using this as reference.

I looked all through this site and learned a lot but once i printed of the documentation and also printed off all the php pages, everything became very clear on how to edit the style.

includes/header.php

includes/footer.php

allow you to edit the header and footer of course into whatever you want, but then you have to edit index.php and aload of others to keep the look and feel of your design.

I managed to change the look and feel of each individual section on the left and right menus by playing with the css file and it certainly saved me trying to recode the whole lot.

depends on how much of a custom job your going to do ;)

I'm looking to do a total redesign almost. He wants a completely new look an feel. I've just installed xampp and am going to play around with this stuff locally. If anyone else has some helpful insights, thatd be greatly appreciated. Thanks again guys!

Archived