• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Image size changes

dessiewong

I did some changes at the configuration on the image size but it cannot meet my needs. My needs are that I want to have 1 size (90 x 90 pixels) on the front page and then another size (250 X 200) on my product detail page and another size (500 X400) on my ENLARGE page.

I have tried changing on the configuration page on various image sizes but none has met my needs. Please tell me how to make it work.

I did some changes at the configuration on the image size but it cannot meet my needs. My needs are that I want to have 1 size (90 x 90 pixels) on the front page and then another size (250 X 200) on my product detail page and another size (500 X400) on my ENLARGE page.

I have tried changing on the configuration page on various image sizes but none has met my needs. Please tell me how to make it work.

Upload the image as 500x200 when inserting a product. Then in admin>configuration>images set the 'product information width' to 250 and not sure what you mean by the images on the 'front' page.. if you mean the 'What's new' images then set the small image width and height to 90. set 'calcualet image size' to true.

If you want something very different from this you hav to instal the relevant contrib.

However I highly recommend using one of the many image contribs anyway otherwise your site will take ages to download.

Thanks,

Could you tell me where to look for image contribs? I am interested to know how.

Yes, I have uploaded 250X200 and then the small image I configured to 90X90. Guess what! the image with 90X90 becomes very distorted that I just didn't want it to appear on the front page: the very page that displays first on the oscommerce.

Cheers,

Desmond

Upload the image as 500x200 when inserting a product. Then in admin>configuration>images set the 'product information width' to 250 and not sure what you mean by the images on the 'front' page.. if you mean the 'What's new' images then set the small image width and height to 90. set 'calcualet image size' to true.

If you want something very different from this you hav to instal the relevant contrib.

However I highly recommend using one of the many image contribs anyway otherwise your site will take ages to download.

On the fly auto thumbnailer, version 1.5

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...h,fly+thumbnail

I highly recommend version 1.5.

It will make real thumbnails, not the jagged edge artificially resized wanna be thumbnails >_< ...saves a ton of bandwidth and load time too.

There are instructions in the file on how to double (or triple, etc) your small_image_width after you get that installed.

A lot of people like "image magic", too. It's in the contribution section too.

Thanks,

Could you tell me where to look for image contribs? I am interested to know how.

Yes, I have uploaded 250X200 and then the small image I configured to 90X90. Guess what! the image with 90X90 becomes very distorted that I just didn't want it to appear on the front page: the very page that displays first on the oscommerce.

Cheers,

Desmond

Archived