• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Does registration impede a customer from buying?

FloridaJo

I don't want to get in the way of my customer when he/she want to buy my book.

It is only one book and they probably will not buy again although I had one person buy my second edition who bought the first edition.

My humble questions are:

1)Has anybody seen if registration is just a speed bump to buying (especially when it is just a one product website)?

2) Can the registration be disabled if I want?

Thank you so much those of you who contribute your genorous time and

energy to a better world. And I really mean that.

I don't want to get in the way of my customer when he/she want to buy my book.

It is only one book and they probably will not buy again although I had one person buy my second edition who bought the first edition.

My humble questions are:

1)Has anybody seen if registration is just a speed bump to buying (especially when it is just a one product website)?

2) Can the registration be disabled if I want?

Thank you so much those of you who contribute your genorous time and

energy to a better world. And I really mean that.

If you just have one product then osC may be a bit overkill. Having said that there are contributions to both remove the need to open up an account and to slim down the checkout process.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

If you just have one product then osC may be a bit overkill. Having said that there are contributions to both remove the need to open up an account and to slim down the checkout process.

Thanks, I didn't see any answer to this in the searchable forum and I appreciate your quick answer.

This leads to the next question. Is there a flow chart for a newby like me would best follow? How would I best find my anwer to the next question of where can I find those modules or add-ons?

Thank you,

Most all the available contributions can be found HERE

And a good place to find all the cool things to do to your store from the start would be the tips and tricks sectrion found HERE

Good luck!

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

Most all the available contributions can be found HERE

And a good place to find all the cool things to do to your store from the start would be the tips and tricks sectrion found HERE

Good luck!

Thank you so much. That Margaret Mead was a smart woman.

Archived