• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

free shipping and payed shipping together

Fredrik.r

I have enabled free shipping for orders over 60 euro, so far no problems. I also want to offer express shipping for a certain fee, regardless of order total amount. However, the "free shipping" on "order total" seems to override all kind of shipping methods in "shipping".. Therefor my customers can not choose express shipping when ordering for over 60 euros since theres only "free shipping" displayed.

Help with this is very much appreciated!!

• 5 months later...

Hi Mike,

Yes, I had issues when using "allow free shipping" in Modules -> Order total -> Shipping. I turned that off and changed my table method in Modules -> Shipping to allow free shipping when ordering for 600 SEK or more.

In the table method I just inserted 599:31.20 in the field "Shipping Table". All orders above 599 SEK will not be charged 31,20 SEK.

Now I got another problem. When customers placed orders above 600 SEK the more expensive shipping option was ticked by default. osCommerce didn't took notice of the free shipping when choosing which method to be pre-ticked. Some customers didn't notice that and they was charged an expensive fee instead of getting free shipping (I just two shipping methods, one is never for free).

To fix this open includes/classe/shipping.php and replace

if (isset($quotes['methods'][$i]['cost']) && tep_not_null($quotes['methods'][$i]['cost'])) {00

with

if (isset($quotes['methods'][$i]['cost'])){00

Edited by Fredrik.r