• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can't set password to protect my admin folder

walandy

Hi guys:

I am very new to the osCommerce. I have successfully installed the oscommerce in my goDaddy.com's hosting space. But I don't know how to protect my admin folder. Which means any one can just go to my website like www.XXXXX.com/admin and they can change anything they want. I have a book and the book says inside of the admin page there is something called "administration" and then you can set the password but I don't have that function in my oscommerce and I believe i am using the latest version. I have talked to the godaddy.com's tech support and they said they can't put a password on the folder unless I purchase a more expensive hosting service. And i read an article about .haccess file that can set password to the linux folder. Can anyone help me and let me know if there's a better way to solve this problem.

Another question is : would it help if I learn PHP, and how should I start it ? should I take a class or can I just buy a book and learn from it? I have taken some programming classes in JAVA.

Thank you very much for reading it and help me.

Archived