• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Discounted MP3's...

willwatson

We are a record label that has et up a website selling our tracks as mp3's for a bit of promotion we would like to hand ou blank cd's with a label on them entitleing them to 50p off a single mp3 download. i know we would need a redemption code but how d i install something that will allow a discounted coupon? ive searched the contribs but nothing tickled my fancy...

If you don't want the hassle of coupons then the simplest way would be to add a whole bunch of songs to the 'specials' and have an expiry date matching the date on your label. This obviously won't allow them to download the song of their choice but allow them to download a song of their choice from the 'specials'

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

If you don't want the hassle of coupons then the simplest way would be to add a whole bunch of songs to the 'specials' and have an expiry date matching the date on your label. This obviously won't allow them to download the song of their choice but allow them to download a song of their choice from the 'specials'

ok but wouldnt the specials be available to download for all the members? i want only new members i have chosen to receive the discount

Archived