• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Does the latest download for OScommerce come with support for Paypal?

tradertt

Hi

does the latest OScommerce come with support for Paypal payments?

yes, a simple version, but not the recommended IPN version. The simple version is not what you want, as it may not record orders you get paid for.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Yes it does - in fact OSC's PayPal support is one reason why it is so popular ;-) Take Monika's advice and install this contribution tho:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679

It's a very quick/simple install - all new files that just need uploading to your store.

Its been a long time since I used OSCommerce or any other webstore programs. Is there any code change that needs to be done for the Paypal IPN or is it as you said just a simple upload.

Its been a long time since I used OSCommerce or any other webstore programs. Is there any code change that needs to be done for the Paypal IPN or is it as you said just a simple upload.

well that really depends on your store. On a default setup, it's just uploading files.

Monika

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

I've added the PayPal IPN mod to heavily customised stores - there are no code changes - just upload the new files and enable it in the Admin tool.

ouch! I have to kindly disagree (having added it myself to dozens of stores) ...

As soon as you have process relavant code changed in your checkout_process.php file, there have to be changes made in paypal_ipn file also. A few examples would be

- customizing the order email sent

- adding CCGV contribution

- adding QTPro contribution

etc etc

Monika

Hey Monika,

We're talking about this one right?

From the install file:

Installation

1. Copy the files in the directory structure set in the contribution download file to your osCommerce installation directory.

2. Go to the Administration Tool->Modules->Payment section at your osCommerce Administration Tool.

3. Install the PayPal IPN module and configure its parameters.

That's it. (and that's all I've ever had to do). Where are you getting checkout_process.php and all that other stuff from?

Hey Monika,

We're talking about this one right?

From the install file:

Installation

1. Copy the files in the directory structure set in the contribution download file to your osCommerce installation directory.

2. Go to the Administration Tool->Modules->Payment section at your osCommerce Administration Tool.

3. Install the PayPal IPN module and configure its parameters.

That's it. (and that's all I've ever had to do). Where are you getting checkout_process.php and all that other stuff from?

Jason, that installation file is for a CLEAN install. If you have ever opened the paypal_ipn.php, you will see it does its very own checkout_process ... it does not use the regular one. Have you never installed CCGV? The page for it clearly says it will mess up everyting if you do not adjust paypal ... like I said CCGV is just one example.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,282

CCGV v5.14 + PaypalIPN v1.1 fix

aarondwyer 28 Jul 2005

Monika

Archived