• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin problem

Marmelo

When i enter in the admin zone, www.mydomain.com/catalog/admin i do not need to put password. Why?? I think that anyone can enter in my admin zone. What do i need to do to set password for the admin zone?

Thanks

When i enter in the admin zone, www.mydomain.com/catalog/admin i do not need to put password. Why?? I think that anyone can enter in my admin zone. What do i need to do to set password for the admin zone?

Thanks

either set up basic url security with your host, select the admin folder as the one you want to protect and put a txt file containing a username and password into your private folder,

or use the htaccess files, but i'm not sure how to set that up.

There will be a Password Protect icon in your Web Hosting control panel - browse to the admin directory from there and secure it.

sorry but i dont understand what you said...

where is that icon?

There will be a Password Protect icon in your Web Hosting control panel - browse to the admin directory from there and secure it.

where is that icon?

where is that icon?

I already told you - in your web hosting Control Panel. If you are not sure where/what that is, ask the company you bought your hosting package from.

sorry but i cant see that icon, here is my control painel and/or nothing related

If you have access to your windows server follow these steps to require users to provide a valid Windows user name and password to access a folder in IIS 6.0:

1. In IIS Manager, navigate to the folder that you want to password-protect, right-click the folder, and then click Properties.

2. On the Directory Security tab, under Authentication Options, click Edit.

3. Clear the Allow Anonymous Authentication check box.

4. Select and configure one or more of the other authentication options.

You can also configure password protection for individual files within the folder.

Victor Pereyra

Archived