• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I implement multiple languages in my webshop

Delsea

Hiya,

I've got a question. I want my webshop to run in dutch, english and german. Does anyone know how I will do that? I'm a bit lost there, so any help is welcome.

Cheers,

Vanessa

are these languages you need to install? Check the contributions for language packs.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions/category,7

I have already several languages packs installed. I am just wondering how to make the webshop multilangual. cause it's only displaying the default language (dutch), though I want to show it in English and German as well...

It already is multi-lingual.

Just add the language files and it'll run.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

It already is multi-lingual.

Just add the language files and it'll run.

Ok, but how the customer choose which language to shop in???

because in my template there's nothing comming up like a language chooser . Or does osc automaticly choose a language. *yes my natural haircolour is blond*

Vanessa

Ok, but how the customer choose which language to shop in???

because in my template there's nothing comming up like a language chooser . Or does osc automaticly choose a language. *yes my natural haircolour is blond*

Vanessa

There should be a language and currency box on your site. If your template has removed them you will need to add them back in.

Check your includes/column_right.php file and see if they have been removed or commented out.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

There should be a language and currency box on your site. If your template has removed them you will need to add them back in.

Check your includes/column_right.php file and see if they have been removed or commented out.

actually if it's a template you should check header.php, as they pack the columns normally in there. You may be having a currency box ... but it's highly probable that the template you got was reduced to a single language, I've seen that often. In that case, if you do not find it commented out, you need to download a default osCommerce from this iste and add the box manually, like it was suggested.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

actually if it's a template you should check header.php, as they pack the columns normally in there. You may be having a currency box ... but it's highly probable that the template you got was reduced to a single language, I've seen that often. In that case, if you do not find it commented out, you need to download a default osCommerce from this iste and add the box manually, like it was suggested.

The problem with most templates is the hard-coding so I hope it isn't a template otherwise you need to edit and correct each page where any hard-code is added and replace it with the language call.

If there is no template involved then you can use you column left or right to add the call for the language box and it should show up with flags signifying languages.

Are you using a template? It's a bit hard trying to help without knowing.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

The problem with most templates is the hard-coding so I hope it isn't a template otherwise you need to edit and correct each page where any hard-code is added and replace it with the language call.

If there is no template involved then you can use you column left or right to add the call for the language box and it should show up with flags signifying languages.

Are you using a template? It's a bit hard trying to help without knowing.

I am indeed using a template....

Archived